Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDry, flaky scalp ~ help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Calgaltoo02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calgaltoo02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry, flaky scalp ~ help!
    Posted: February 25 2007 at 9:24pm

I have very thick hair, which tends to be on the dry side.  It is naturally wavy.  I sometimes let it air dry and wear it wavy, but more often I dry it, then straighten it.  No matter what I do, I have dandruff and a flaky scalp, particularly right along my hairline at the top of my head.  I started using a plastic pick to "massage" my hair when I lather it up, hoping to loosen up the skin.  This seems to help some, but I still have flakes.   Cry  Does anyone have any good products, or home remedies, or any suggestions??  Thanks in advance!

love59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 5:28am
 First you have to figure out whether it is dandruff or a flakey scalp as they are two different things.

For dry scalp i strongly recommend Zambesia Botanica scalp application. Its a cream not a grease or oil that needs to be applied twice daily for two weeks and then it clears upSmile On the other hand if you have flakes from a diet with a lot of dairy products, meat you would have to cut out and see what happens, plus you should be moisturising your hair if it is dry.

ps* Zambesia is on ebay, I live in England so I dont know if your shops sell it.
Inika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 6:04pm
Aloe is by far the best solution.... not the gel.
Pure aloe juice can be purchased lots of places. Applying it to the scalp will take care of that almost immediately.

Note: Any harsh chemicals from shampoos, products, etc used on hair will cause flakes to happen.
Having a dry scalp like this isn't natural for anyone... it's always caused by an external factor.
Wish You The Best In Natural Hair,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic