Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - fine hair? BOHYME OR Elite Remy Indian cuticle hai
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fine hair? BOHYME OR Elite Remy Indian cuticle hai

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zippetydoda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippetydoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fine hair? BOHYME OR Elite Remy Indian cuticle hai
    Posted: February 26 2007 at 8:20pm
I have been buying 25-39 dollar extension hair for 17 years now and I am realizing that there has got to be something better out there. what i've bought is always from Asia and after 3 or 4 washes it looks dry frizzy wirey and course. The texture is so much thicker than mine it looks tooo obvious it is an extension. 

My hair is platinum blonde 613 and baby fine...(wish i had that great thick hair but i don't) so i need something like russian hair European hair but there is no way i can pay those prices for them. Is Indian hair supposed to match the texture of caucasion hair more closely? if so would you reccomend Elite remy cuticle indian hair  or Bohym Remy silky straight?

I just don't know the texture of either of the above two and if someone can shed light on this....it would be great.

On another note........Does anybody tell that they are wearing extensions? If so to whom and why? do you think they tell others so everyone knows and would it matter to you?

ok.....I am so happy i found this forum.......I was beginning to think that i was the only purchaser of extension hair out there....it seemed the only info i could get was from vendors.

thanks for your help,
Lori

Edited by Zippetydoda - February 26 2007 at 8:23pm
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 9:47pm

I can only speak form my own experience with blonde hair. So far, of all brands I have tried Bohyme is the only one that has worked for me (and a brand that I used to use that I can no longer get) From my experience with Indian hair, it does not process well to get it to light blonde. I have NOT tried the Elite Remy so I cant say anything one way or the other about the particular brand.

BunnyWabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyWabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 10:52am
I don't know about the blonde, but my hair is fine too (not too thin, but fine if that makes sense) and the Bohyme blends very well with it. I've been wearing it for 5 days or so now, and it feel great. I chose it because I had heard so many good things about it on this forum and on Sherrie's site also.

To answer your other questions, I don't typically tell people about my extensions with the exception of people that would notice a 6 inch over night difference in the length of my hair - my boyfriend actually helps me with the installs. For the most part, I don't care if poeple know, the only aspect that embarasses me slightly is that I hang out in a big group of guys and for a very long time I was their 'tomboy little sister', now that I've embraced the side of me that loves clothes, shoes and hair, they pick on me for that... but they do compliment me about 30 seconds later :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippetydoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 11:32am
Thanks Sherrie and Bunny for the help.

I believe my hair is very similar in texture to both of yours.....fine not necessarily thin....but not full either. 

I hope someone can tell me how long their bohyme / elite has lasted them before it got dry or frizzy or loses it softness on them. (I use clips that I take out at night)

Is all Bohyme hair cuticle remy hair...i notice some websites saying bohyme remy and others just say bohyme. does anybody know the difference between bohyme gold and bohyme silky straight?

I wish I could hand pick the hair myself, but since there is no supplier close to me here in Northeast Tennessee I will have to rely on an online supplier.  I know that there are differences from package to package some softer and some coarser. I wonder if there is anyway to request the softest feeling batch when ordering? 

Well....we will have company this weekend and i've not seen them since november...but my hair will definately be thicker and fuller since i saw them last and about 2 inches longer...I know this person will tell others. Should I tell them if they complement the hair....or only if they ask if it is all my real hair?

Some people I wouldn't mind telling...others it seems are just so judgemental and love to cut someone else down.....that i don't know what to say.

I am so happy I found this site...i just can't believe it!!
Thanks again,
Lori

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 1:32pm
I wore the bohyme silky straight as clip ins for a long time. That hair really holds up. I haven't had to replace it, it's still as good as the day I got it. I have #4 so I don't know how blonds work but I saw Sherrie's hair and it looks really gorgeous! Any hair that you're using for clip ins will last longer than a perm install.

kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 2:11pm
Mine is super-fine and with my straight style I don't think I could get the Bohyme to blend with it very well. I am able to blend Indian hair because it is finer, but it still requires a good haircut, lots of conditioner and products and some kind of straightening (either blowdrying on a big round brush or ironing) after shampooing to keep it from frizzing.

I am going to make the step up to russian hair simply because of the work it takes to get Indian hair to blend with my own. The final outcome with Indian looks really great and I love that it has tons of body, but after a year of wearing it the work is just getting to be a big hassle.
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippetydoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 2:49pm
Thanks for the input kristie...where do you get your indian hair from? What do you think of this site? http://www.ihi.co.in/CommerceActionPath.do?method=showProduct&catId=4&productID=49

It is india hair international I wonder if they are reputable. I will probably curl whatever hair I buy...So even the Indian hair is difficult to blend. It lasted you an entire year? or did you buy new ones?

It is so difficult to find the right hair if your hair is fine.
Lori

Edited by Zippetydoda - February 27 2007 at 2:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippetydoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 2:55pm
Hey Malibu....that is great that the bohyme held up for you......by long time do you mean 6 months or a year? If something would be useable for  that long i would be extatic!
It is hard with blond because the processing can destroy....i guess some hair holds up better than others through this process..

Russian hair would be ideal......if it would last for several years it would be cost effective too.
Lori
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 2:56pm
I've never seen that site. I get mine (same as Elite Remy) by the pound from Wagman Primus. I think realistically that a four-ounce install could be worn six months perfectly with no sign of damage as long as you got a little trim after 3 months. I think if you were willing to keep trimming it and cared for it well with good shampoo, conditioner, and a shower filter, you could go a year with the same hair, no problem.

I've been growing out my layers so my style has changed a lot in the last year. I've also been learning how to do extensions that work with my hair, so have experimented a lot. I've gone through more than a pound in a year with this process, but am now expecting a four-ounce serving of russian hair to last me a year.
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 5:49pm

I have worn my Bohyme for 4 months and a little longer. By that time I am ready for new/fresh hair that I can start over with. None of the hair is is in bad condition that i need to toss it. Its just that everytime I reinstall I usually do a little trim and re-cut and layer, so it gets a little shorter with each new install. So when Im ready to wear my hair a little shorter I will have a TON of hair to put to use. I keep telling myself that Im going to 'recyle' the used hair in my stash and make clip ins or some hair pieces for those in between times!

Considering that I torture my hair (seriously) with washing, blowdrying and not being very faithful with my care routine I think the Bohyme #613 holds up extremely well!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippetydoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 6:25pm
Hey Kristie!

Thanks for answering so quickly.  Your hair looks great in your picture. I couldn't get to your link in your signature though.  You are experimenting with different styles....it is always fun to have something different, and with extensions it opens up the whole world as far as styles go.

I have tried glueing, micro links (once last month and it pulled my hair out as it came loose. you really need the special tool to take them out) and now I'm back to using clips. I liked the feeling of the microlink hair, but the key is to first buy quality hair. Can you tell me if you have to be a professional stylist to buy from wagman?

what methods of application do you like best?
Thanks for your help...i love this board!
Lori

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippetydoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 6:30pm

Sherrie,

Ha ha!!! I had to laugh because you are like me... a pack rat with your hair! I hate to throw anything away...so i have a giant size bag with all my hair from years gone past.  but with me, Some of it is sooooo aweful yet, i hold on to it! lol 

4 months is a long enough time for me....I would be thrilled to get that.  Kristie had a great idea if this is what she meant, to cut the extensions when they start to look ratty to a length that looks good and layer them, maybe 2 -4 wefts per extension clip! very interesting idea....and like you said...someday I will find a use for this hair...even if i sew a doggy bed for my shih-tzu's with it! lol

Lori
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 6:38pm
Hey, Lori! Nope, anyone can buy from Wagman. Just go to the link I"ll post below and the website will tell you how to order. They're very nice, professional and helpful there.

I think the public fotki link in my signature should work. I just tried it and it went to my pictures just fine. Check the other albums at my fotki site to see the progress of my hair over the last year and a half from a short short pixie to what I have now. My layers are grown out just about as long as my extensions now.

I've used Protac and Liquid Gold to bond my Wagman wefts. Currently I'm using just Liquid Gold and like it except for the sticky mess it makes when installing. I'm looking into getting a braid or two and having wefts sewn in as an alternative way to install them.

Wagman:

http://www.WagmanPrimus.com

Edited by kristie m - February 27 2007 at 6:39pm
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 6:42pm
Lori, Here is a link to my fotki site where you can find all three albums tracking my hair-growth progress:

http://public.fotki.com/kristie-m/

Edited by kristie m - February 27 2007 at 6:44pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippetydoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 6:51pm
Hi Kristie....

I am so glad that you are online right now!  I will check into the wagman wefts, do you have any Idea what their GCS formula hair is? Oh! and do you think that the wagman indian is finer (smaller diameter shaft) than bohyme?  Where are you getting the russian hair from? OOOh see I have too many questions, questions from the last 17 years building up and i'm finally getting answers from other people like me! lol

Do you buy the hair in bulk or wefted?  How do you apply bulk hair if you do buy this way....with the protac tape?

I was able to access your extension journey and I must say that you look like a model before and after.  The After you reminds me of Marlo Thomas in "That Girl"  Your eyelashes look great too!  Isn't it great to be a girl?!!!

Lori

Edited by Zippetydoda - February 27 2007 at 8:09pm
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 12:39pm
Buy your Bohyme hair from Sherries site.....I trust her and her product!
Just my........... Vote for Pedro...I mean Sherrie!!
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 12:57pm
Hi Lori! Thanks for the nice compliments.

As far as the Wagman, I'm not sure which is their "Premium Wefted Hair" but that's the stuff you want if you buy from them. I'm not an expert, but from what I understand the Wagman is Indian hair, which is finer than Bohyme, which is Asian hair. But many fine-haired women wear Bohyme and blend it perfectly, so it is just a matter of preference.

The Russian hair is another story. It is the finest and most expensive of all the extension hair because it is more rare. It provides the perfect match for most people of Northern European descent who have fine, silky hair. Those of us desiring this hair are on a constant quest to find a good reliable vendor. You're spending a LOT of money if you go this route and horror stories abound of people getting taken advantage of by unscrupulous hair vendors.

As far as bulk vs. wefted, I've only bought wefted hair from Wagman. Their Premium Weft is excellent--it will hold up forever and has no beard. I'm going to be buying some russian hair within the next week or so and I'm getting bulk hair. The reason for this is Extensions Plus. They will weft bulk hair for you for $11 an ounce and their wefting process is truly superior. I'm hoping for Russian hair and EP wefts that will last a LONG time, years, most likely.

Bulk hair needs to be wefted or made into individual strands to be able to be attached by any method. There is so much information available for you if you'll check out the "101" section of this site. Also Sherrie's site at:

http://www.hairextensions101.com
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Zippetydoda Zippetydoda wrote:

Hey Malibu....that is great that the bohyme held up for you......by long time do you mean 6 months or a year? If something would be useable for  that long i would be extatic!
It is hard with blond because the processing can destroy....i guess some hair holds up better than others through this process..

Russian hair would be ideal......if it would last for several years it would be cost effective too.
Lori

Yes, it's been at least six months and I wore the silky straight as clip-ins. I washed it every five or six days. I would leave the hair in deep conditioner in a zip lock bag for a few hours and then let the hair air dry on a towel. I didn't use any hot tools on it. I think indian hair is finer than bohyme.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zippetydoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 9:15pm

Well....I took the plunge today with Bohyme. I bought the Body Wave because I always curl my extensions and i have to back comb my hair to get it to cover the clips. I used ebonyline this time just because money is tight.....14" hand tied body wave bohyme gold was 109.00 in my color 613.

I hope I didn't make a mistake getting the body wave  instead of the silky straight, but it is time boldly buy better hair than I've ever bought before! Thanks for the info on your hair lasting at least 6 months malibu.....that really helps.

After this hair I am going to try the 613 indian maybe from wagman....but I want to make sure that the 613 turns out good with that type of hair, not too damaged.

I know this sounds stupid...but I think one of the reasons that my asian hair didn't last as long even though i conditioned it was that I put the leave on conditioner on the hair and then dryed it between towels which (duh lori) took the conditioner off. So tonight I put john freeda frizz ease in, and some detangle stuff and some vitamin E leave in stuff on the hair....then didn't use towels but blow dried on very low heat until it could be put on rollers for the night.....This seemed to do the trick!!  I compared the hair I have now (paid 35. for it in calif. 10 years ago) after wearing it for 3 weeks or so, to the hair as it originally came out of the package and boy....it didn't look that much different....yeah the silicon washed out but the frizz and dryness was not there. Just putting water on it...seemed to hydrate it and make it softer. 

ok...i've written an epistle! better go for now.
thanks so much for your input...I'm definately here to stay!
lori
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 12:32am
I think you're going to love the bodywave. It's not too much of a wave. When you first get it out of the package you'll think there's a huge wave but wash it before you sew the clips on and it will become a lazy wave that you can flat iron very easily.

Whenever I wash the hair, I deep condition and then wash out the conditioner and put a leave in conditioner on it. If you're going to flat iron, put a heat protector on it. I use Aveda damage control, I like it because it doesn't leave a sticky residue.

Keep us posted on your new hair!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic