Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paris Hilton Dream Catcher Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 10:48pm
I had Euro So Cap put in. I really love them. I put about 125 in there. It was the perfect amount. It's been like about 1 month like I said. Ummm, have you ever used this kind of method before, I mean alot, on your clients? I understand what u said, I think it was you, about still rolling the bonds to make them less noticable. But, do you think that twists the hair too much by twisting and rolling the hair instead of making it flat? We should pm each other..
vickimillard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 10:35am
I have had clients that put in 8 bundles.  Thats 200-400 bonds depending on if you cut them in half or not.  I am also having clients that put in 20-30 bonds now too.

When I lay the bonds flat I feel that as they grow out they start to twist  becuase their is so much hair between the scalp and the bond.  Then I have definately noticed more breakage with the flat bond at taht point. I don't roll my bonds too much to make them round.  I hit them once bend them around that hair hit them again and do a quick 1/2 one way 1/2 the other twist to lock them in.  If you roll back and forth several times you just waist time, at least witht he ones I do.  but I do see that even rolling alot during application doesn't cause me any damage... expecially compared to the dammage of when they get twisted up by being flat. 

I don't know how to PM.
vicki
envoy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envoy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 2:38pm
So i realize that this discussion is now dead and gone but I thought Id add my two cents Smile

-Dido on everyone's thoughts about a connection between Paris Hilton and extensions. Her hair always looks terrible, always with that mushroom that she wears half up half down to hide a bad job. When my clients come in for extensions, the first thing they always say is that they dont want their hair to look "fake" like Paris.  I agree that their zip code marketing plan is a great idea, especially if they plan to do a lot of promotion like GL, but it might be hard for me to stomach selling a "Paris Hilton"brand. I  currently do the rings install using AMMs products the rings and extenshells and I have not had one complaint. I agree that having multiple certifications are a good thing, I have two, but if I were going to get certified in a non-adhesive method, Id do hair locs, they've been doing it for a lot longer, but that's just my opinion.  Vicki I wish you the best of luckThumbs%20Up and please tell us if you think Dreamcatchers is a worthy product.

-In regards to the socap flat bond conversation, im curious are you making these flat bonds with thermal fusion or cold fusion? I tend to make my flat bonds with cold fusion and to date (knock on wood) , I have not experienced any damage with any clients.  But then again, I do remind them that if they decide to wear extensions longer then 3 months I cannot guarantee that their hair will not get damaged. Especially on really fine hair. I explain to them just because socap is durable (and I do love how durable they are) does not mean they should stay in your hair for that long. But im concerned to hear that these flat bond extensions can cause damage. If any one else uses flat bonds can you post your experiences with them so that we as a community can start to share whether this is better or worse then rolled bonds?

oh and if I remember corrently Eurosocap and Socapusa are not the same thing. I currently use Socap USA.

metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 12:03pm
I don't know about the Socap flat bonds, but I have worked extensively with my new brand of extensions that I invented, the Godiva Flat Strands.  I place them pretty close to the root, about 1/4" down and clients wear  them only for 12 weeks.  I have not seen any problems at all, and I've been doing this method for almost 1 year now.  I also wear a very full head, with no problems.

For anyone who is interested, I just completed the filming of my Godiva Flat Strands training DVD.  It will be ready for purchase in about a week or so.  I'm selling a training kit that will include all the necessary tools, adhesive, bundle of strands, DVD,  extensive training manual that I wrote, and a consultation guide.  If anyone is interested, you can contact me. 

Edited by metalgirl - April 16 2007 at 12:04pm
pooks1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooks1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 4:37pm
Damn Paris Hilton site crashed my Firefox about 15 times.

Now she is officially evil. Also, there are some misspellings on that website. Bah.Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 10:16pm
I keep meaning to ask socap what the difference is between that and Euro socap when I call to order hair and I keep forgetting to. 

So does anyone have any Hot Tips on taking out So Cap hair extensions... they are a pain compared to Great lengths because they are so durable.

I say 3-5 months on bonded extensions... 3 if fine, and up to 5 if thick.  But I do not like flat bonds after what I have seen.  They look shiny and have a bigger surface area so they stand out and shine through the hair more, and really don't last as long. I have put them in with heat.  What would be the difference... aren't the bonds pretty well the same in the end either way? I tend to put then in round then put my hilights where the persons real highlights are and the dark where the dark is, and I get the best most natural effect rather than putting them in a specific pattern.... like 2:1. 

I have never had one of my clients say they didn't like Paris' extensions... and lately I thought her extensions looked better than they ever have now that she is with this company.

ABOUT DREAM CATCHERS...  I just got off the phone with Crystal from Dream catchers to confirm my reservations. I asked her about their company... she said they have been around for many years in Australia, New Zeland, and Africa, and they just came to the united states recently, but have been in business for around 10 years in other countries.  You can tell they are not from here when you call them 90% of their staff is british.  She said their hair is not colored, and stays in better quality for much longer than hair locs. A guest stopped in once who wanted to know if I did the type of extensions she had in and I believe she said they were hair locs ... to me they looked horrible.  The quality of the hair was dry brittle and not what I expected too see, and the tubes poked out and did not blend well at all... which could have been the technician.  That is why until now I believed more in the bonded extensions because you get new fresh hair each time for about the same price in the long run.  I also saw someone on TV who had hair locs and I felt the same way from what I could see. From what I have asked, looked into and the manuals, and have read through dream catchers I am very confident about my decision to be certified with them.

One thing I did find out tonight about Dream Catchers is that they are selling zip codes rights for $1000 a code.  That money pays for your class and the rights to get any clients that call in for extensions from that code.  So you could own 1 or 20 codes and get all of those clients from that code/s. When all the codes are sold the only way you can get rights to be affiliated with them is to buy the code from someone who owns it.  Kinda like realestate. They said that one lady bought all the most profitable cities in her area, and is selling them for $3000-$5000 a code.   They said she made something like $25,000 selling some of her codes.  I think Dream catchers has a very good/smart strategy going on here to break into the American market.  Every time I call the phones are ringing off the hook with orders/ people interested in doing/getting them. Of course people are going to down them for one reason or another, but on the flip side so many more people are all about them.  I am hearing more clients than ever talk about hair extensions here... Dream catchers in specific... Since we live 20 minutes from where the big midwest beauty show is, and Paris Hilton was all over the news here because she was here at the showsigning autographas and answering questions. I have had my long time Great lengths client looking into Dream catchers but didn't tell me until I told her I was taking the class, and now I can do them for her no matter which brand she chooses... considering the buzz going on  in my area I think I would be stupid not to get involved.    

vicki
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 10:07am
I agree. I wish I had the extra money....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 11:05am
That is the first thing I hear from so many people... so I hope that what I am writing below isn't taken as an insult... but instead as inspiration.

If I just wished I had the money my whole life I still wouldn't have the money.  Sometimes you have to make the investment to get ahead with your career. 

I put $1600 on my credit card and took the Great Lengths class.  Then paid it off with my first few clients.  I did this when several girls already did them at my salon and their was no room for me to get clients... Within a year and a half one moved to California, one moved to Georgia, and just quit one day.  Now I have all their clients and was the only one who did extensions at my salon for the last year.  Now there is room for other girls to be taking the class, and I still hear I can't afford it.  I just asked another girl to go to the class about 6 months ago cause I was getting too busy, and she finally did it.  Now she gets alot of the consults/new clients for bonded extensions and I have my regulars. 

In this process I have literally more than doubled my income in the last two years. I am ready to start the next step with Dream catchers and hopefully do all extension clients within the next few years and double/tripple my income again.  My husband is slow at work right now and my income is a major part in getting bills paid, so I am so happy now that I did what I did then to get me here now. But once again here I go putting it on my credit card to get started to the next step.  You choose what you can afford. 

So I guess I am saying if you really want it you will find a way to get it.  You won't live with that debt forever... it is just a temporary thing to help get you ahead in the end.
vicki
autumn1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autumn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2007 at 11:09pm
They're just another version of Hairlocs.....but the deal about recrimping and thereby reusing the link (bead or whatever you want to call it) does not work. I've done many, many of these installs and they are difficult on removing-- and reusing the link is almost impossible. The link is silicone inside and copper outside or nickle. After shampooing and wear and tear gunk and oil builds up inside and at the top and bottom of the link and when it comes time to uncrimp and move (slide) the link up the hair shaft (1) it doesn't slide and (2) the bead is crimped and doesn't want to recrimp....and if it does happen to recrimp, often times gets rough edges.  Not something you want in someones hair. The whole sales pitch for the ease of reusing is FALSE. It's frustrating for you (the extensionist) and the client is definitely not happy thinking you've screwed it up somehow and wants her moolah back.   Sorry if I sound irritated, but I have done this over and over thinking somehow I wasn't doing (putting it in correctly) I've been doing all the various techniques as they've developed for Extensions since the 1970's and the links are ok for what they are designed for just not the "Easy to Re-install" stuff.  I better go eat some chocolate now! lol
Hair Today, More Tomorrow!
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 10:45pm
Oh no, Vicki, I totally agree with you. That's been my method and thought about getting ahead and making more money, and I've done it. I guess I was just sigh-ing a little b/c I just bought a house and the mortgage is killing me! Ya know? A little slow at work and ALOT more to pay out. (already maxed out the credit cards paying for everything)...   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 9:30am
I am there with you... newer bigger mortgage, and car payments as big as the mortgage cause we financed them for short terms, then credit card debt up the ying yang.  Then on top of that my husband is an electrician and he is down to 3 days a week cause the corporations are holding off on doing work now in this area. That's alot of money gone every month we thought we could count on.  I grew 56% so far this year from last years numbers, and I was pretty content with that for a while, but I know I could easily do more with Dream Catchers, so I am trying to get out of the color/cutting business a bit (which makes less $ than extensions) and do more extensions even yet.   I have about 25-30 extension clients and I would like to get to 45-50 in the next year.

I guess if you know going for the class would make you more money in the end then it is worth it.  If you aren't sure then maybe it isn't. 

I am getting excited I leave next Wednesday.  I am planning all the datails now.  I am so swamped at work though.  I have 4 extensions before I leave that I have to come in extra for cause I was already booked and 3 more the week I get back...

So does anyone have any good ideas of things for us to do in the LA area?  My b-day is this Thursday and we aren't going to have time to celebrate it until we get to LA, but I wanted to do something special while we were there. 

Oh yeah I know it is a while away, but remember to watch Split Ends.  The salon I work at is on the season premier episode on June 23rd on the Style channel. 
vicki
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 10:14am
Hey Vicki, how much did you say the DreamCatchers class costs?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 9:15am
$1000, and you get the rights to a zip code that you choose. It is $1500 to fly out to beverly hills. 
vicki
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 12:48am
Gotcha. That's weird that's it's cheaper than GL. Plus the rights! Well, let me know how it was!
CREEDO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CREEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:17pm
Smile  Envoy13 just a FYI Paris Hilton had Great Lengths in her hair in the past that's why her hair looked like crap and a mushroom head.  Have you seen her recently in person?  Her hair is FANTASTIC, dont hate and comment on something you dont know for a FACT.

I've seen people with Hairlocks, Great Lengths etc. Dreamcatchers dont even compare to those hair extensions! 
Question:  Can you tell me why havent anyone else "Famous person" put their name on an hair extension company?  Because they dont want to be liable for the crap hair extension.  Makeup, clothes, etc they all have Famous people tied into their promoting. I have never seen any one else in the hair extension industry use a "person" for their hair extension, okay I lied Jessica Simpson, but look at the hair quality! DUH!

Dont knock a product when you havent seen the quality of those extensions!
And for the 1000.00 per zip code/training thingy   I would rather pay that then 3000.00 per training with hairlocks or great lengths.

CREEDO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CREEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:24pm
Can you tell me who doesnt copy things these days???  Its the way of life, what would happen if we didnt have things copied??????????????????
CREEDO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CREEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:27pm

Copying is a way of life....... what would happen if we never copied eacothers ideas??  We all would be out of business!

CREEDO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CREEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:30pm

What would happen if we didnt copy anyone??  We would be out of business!

CREEDO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CREEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:35pm

Question:  What do you think would happen if we didnt copy someone, or something?   

We would all be out of business!
CREEDO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CREEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by TanglesRC TanglesRC wrote:

i checked the site- i called them. they work out of an office building, they would not say what the cylinders are made out of only that u must come in for appointment, they said they use scandanavian hair, virgin blonde hair, the strands installed are $10 PER strand. so roughly over $1,000 for 100 strands.
i asked if it were like hairlocs and of course they said oh no-
copy cat if ya ask me!

We would all be out of business if we didnt copy someone or something.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic