Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paris Hilton Dream Catcher Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
CREEDO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CREEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:42pm
Tangles   dont you own a zip code with dreamcatchers??  Why you knocking down the extension?
vickimillard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 12:05am
Well I went to the class weeks ago, and came home to some misfortune with my mother, so I have been tending to her since then... no time to write in here or do other things I have been meaning to do.  There were things I did and didn't like about Dream catchers... the same as each extension company I work with.  I do like the application technique, and the hair. I have not gotten any calls from them of clients/requests... you buy a zip code and they send people to you based on how close they are to you.  I haven't seen any advertising either.  A Dream Catcher freind of mine said the same thing that lives in the LA area so it isn't just here in the midwest.  Other fees are involved that I heard nothing about until I flew 1/2 way across the country and paid for the class in full.  I don't think the fees are outragous, but I don't think it is ethical in the US to approach the hidden fees the way they were addressed. It left me with a bad feeling like it wasn't honest and upfront. I just feel that I should be upfront with you guys in letting you know about the fees since I told you I would let you know what I thought... I do like them alot better than what i have seen of hair locs.  Ultimately I would reccommend dream catchers if you are going to take a class for extensions.   

About paris' extensions... I feel they looked bad back then because of the technique used ( cutting all the bonds in 1/2, not using enough, not going high enough) not the actual extensions themselves, and the bubbly layers that were in back then... which leaves a mushroom at the top of the extension. Now cuts are more soft and texturized on top which blends so much better into extensions. 

Oh yeah when I was ordering hair a few days ago from GL I asked and their classes are still $1800.  They do have a 3 day basic technique and advanced cutting class that is $2400.  It sounded like it was completely worth it. 3g's is a bit much I thought.

The place I work at... Octagon is on Split Ends which aired on the Style channel this week.  They keep playing reruns of it 2-3 times a day probably until Saturday july 7th if you want to catch it. It is interesting to get a first hand take of what reality TV is like... you know how it is when you play telephone, and by the time the message gets to the last person it is very distorted, but that is reality when things get told over and over.  Well that is exactly what reality TV is like when they are determined to portray you a certain way... then you get all the footage..and scenes/ interviews are dirtorted.  by the time it gets on the air. They make my city look like we live in the country, and we pray all day at work.. neither of those are true.  I am not religus SP?. I am a total brat on that show, and sorry to say but that is pretty accurate in real life. 
vicki
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 1:07am
Hi Vicki, thank you for taking the time to report on this method. I think its like any method, they all have their pros and cons and what works for one doesnt always work for everyone!

I hope that all is well with your mother.

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 2:33am
I don't know how I missed this ENTIRE thread but anyway, here I am. Vicki, thanks so much for all your feedback. I'm sorry to hear there were hidden costs. That's absurd but to be honest I'm not surprised after reading Creedo's crazy posts yelling at Tangles. Who is Creedo? Go away!

The good news, I was reading this weeks People and they mention the Dream Catchers method so you may see some more people interested, hopefully.

What makes me wonder about this company is in their video they say they're using "European Hair". Whenever I hear that I know it's a bunch of sh!t. Most likely it's Indian hair that's been processed.  Ask Creedo what part of Europe this hair comes from? India is NOT in Europe Creedo but thanks for playing.

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 6:40am
This is sort of OT but while Paris was in the slammer, I wonder if they let her have all of her hair products when she had to shower? I dont think jail (even county) is known for supplying inmates with all of their extension hair care needs...
envoy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote envoy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 10:47am
I haven't checked this post for a while, but  Vicki Im sorry to hear about that company's poor ethics, I think its unscrupulous to quote you one price and then change it at the last minute, especially for people who are traveling from out of state.  But, at the very least you liked the technique and adding one more company and class will make you a better overall hairdresser. My question is, for those of us that have already taken extension classes with other companies (i.e Socap, Hairlocs etc) would you still recommend Dreamcatchers? Or would you just recommend them to stylists who have not taken a hair extension class?

As for Creedo, who are you? Do you not understand the function of posts? I think Paris Hilton's hair looked and at times still looks like crap! That is my opinion , if someone thinks it doesn't that is also there opinion. In that sense there are no "facts" to discuss, there are no objective views on something like hairstyles because it is a very subjective medium. I personally dont care if her hair looked like crap from GL or Dreamcatchers, what I said was I would never use a company that had her as a spokesperson because my clients use to always use her as an example of what they didnt want (they would use lindsay lohan as an example of what they liked). Does that make me a "hater" I guess, but that doesnt bother me, if voicing my opinion about something in my profession and field makes me a "hater" then I gladly take on that role. The women(and men?) on this medium are wonderful , tolerant, and sharing .  We always post our positions about products or experiences with extensions and other things. We may not always agree, bu we treat each other with respect.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 10:26pm
hey krisma, I think Paris had to get rid of her extensions for her jail time. I remember reading that hair extensions werent allowed. So Im assuming she had to have them removed for her little vacation!

I dont know how I missed CREEDOS posts previosly and I was going to respond to it when I posted earlier, but then I seen the posts were from April, so CREEDO probably isnt even around anymore!

malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 11:51pm
Paris did not have to take her extensions out. I read it in PeopleEmbarrassed
She said if they're tight enough to last through her time they don't need to be taken out.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 12:18am
ahhh...well lucky Paris didnt have to take her extensions out then eh?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 12:27am
thanks for all your info and updates vicki- so where is your salon located. i only saw one episode so far, vegas vs cali? Was that it, what is your name on the show so we can know who u are.
i agree on what u said about how they portray people- that is what i was saying during the first part of this thread when  you asked me about the show, drama sells, everything is so cut and pasted together and out of context.
what is it about the dreamcatchers that u like better then hairlocs.
thanks
s
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 10:16am
I just wrote this REAAALLLyyy long post, and it hasn't gone through... I hope I pressend send and not Delete.
vicki
mishelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mishelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 10:49am
hi all, I work in a salon where we do dreamcatchers.  I'm not a fan, and every client has had fallout - one client had 14 extensions fall out -- 14x$10 = $140 in her hands and out of her hair.

However, the salon gets a ton of clients just because of the marketing.  I'm loving ultratress! 

hope this helps!
amanda_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amanda_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 3:48pm
About Paris' extensions while she was in jail.... I think I remember that she had to have them sewn in for her time in jail so they would be secure enough- I think they originally said extensions weren't allowed, but then they had said a sew in would be ok- because that would be tight and secure.
ikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 6:47pm
to vickymillard
concerning:
So does anyone have any Hot Tips on taking out So Cap hair extensions... they are a pain compared to Great lengths because they are so durable.

I use the balmain quick removermachine, to remove them very fast. But it is rather expensive in use.

If not, there's a remover from eurosocap, that does the job well. Keep in mind that the remover is at his best when warm. You can keep him warm in a that thing that heats a babymilkbottle ( sorry don't know the word in Englisch, It warms the milk to bodytemperature).
Apply on 4-5 bonds at the same time, crush them, than work your way 1 by one

Don't use heat with aceton guys, because that is inflammable!

Sorry, still learning Englisch.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 9:03am
Thank you! I have gotten the hang of it alot more since I wrote that post.  That and I always work with an assistant now, so it only takes each of us 1/2 the time and we don't get frustrated.  I have never tried heating the solution though so I will try it.  

I apply the liquid remover... not the gel...  on about 20-30 bonds at once then crack them all and add more solution to them and another 20-30.  After the solution has sat while I put it on the other ones I go back and the first 20-30 I clamp my remover tool on their own hair above the bond and it pulls right out.  I think the key is letting the solution sit to soften them... so many people try doing 1 or a few bonds at a time and trying to soften each and every one from hard to removal will take forever.

I like liquid remover solution because it has some amount of oil in it and stays wetter... I find the gel has too much alcohol and dries out too fast.  The bond flakes off and still sticks to the hair with gel... the oil keeps the bond together more and slides the bond over hair better... expecially hilights. 
vicki

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 9:14am
I am doing my first two models in the next two weeks for dream catchers.  I love their application techniques, but I was completely turned off by the way they presented hidden fees to me after I flew 1/2 way across the country and spent $2500 to do so.  I have been getting quite a few calls now for them so I am going to try them out.

My models both used great lengths so they were worried about the bonds comming out.  I just told them if they come out just bring me the pieces and try to remember where they came from and I will just put them right back in.... at least you can do that.   I have had people loose 10-20 great lengths and you can't even put those back in... so they are really out that money. 

My opinion is if they keep loosing Dream catchers either they are using conditioner on the bonds or there is something wrong with the ... amount of hair I am putting in the bond or the pressure I am using to secure it.  I am doing these two models to get those problems figured out and don't start with having problems on real clients. 
vicki

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 10:08am
Do you still have Godiva extensions? I currently offer six lines and am always interested in bring ing more quality items. 
vicki

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 10:20am
Does anyone know about the information on the lawsuit with zip codes and dream catchers?  I actually paid double to be affiliated with a zip code in Wisconsin and now the listing for my zip code has eight peoples names under it... The most frustrating part is that i'm not it the first position.. I'm in the 5th position.  $1000 extra was a lot to pay and be out and not have exclusive rights anymore : (

I'm at this salon now...
vicki
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic