Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How many levels do "highlight kits" lift?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emu_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emu_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many levels do "highlight kits" lift?
    Posted: March 12 2007 at 4:36pm
TIA

Edited by emu_ - March 12 2007 at 5:47pm
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 12:02am
It depends on the color and how long you leave it on. If it is very dark,it can be brought to a blonde after like,60-90 minutes. Every hair is different though,so you are supposed to check the color by wiping a couple strands of hair off.
What is your current color? And what is the color of the highlights you'd like to go to?
The box usually has a time frame of how long to leave it on depending on what you want.
blossom_102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blossom_102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 6:06am

i agree with julesyjul88 it would depend on lots of things

myn is quite easy to highlight

whereas friends cant get their naturall colour to shift or look right ???!!!???

good luck hun

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xXxBooxXx
emu_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emu_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 8:44am
Here are photos:

Current color -

Desired color -

I don't want it to lift to a platinum, which I've had happen (but I wanted it to) in the past.  I want to keep warm, just move up __?  (1?) levels
emu_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emu_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 8:47am
lol sorry the first one is so big - you can see my roots a bit though.  my hair is naturally warm but this copper color makes it look so ashy and dark.
blossom_102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blossom_102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 9:22am
myn went that colour
and now its a light ginger
n then in a few weeks ill be bleaching it again
good luck xxx
xXxBooxXx
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 9:42pm
Well,follow instructions on the box,definitely. Because your hair is already red,it shouldnt take THAT long to lift to a warm blonde. I would say between 10-20 minutes tops...but just do a strand test. If it isnt light enough leave on another 5-10 minutes and just keep checking until you reach the color you want.
My hair is a medium/light brown...and the highlight box said to leave on a max of 90 minutes! It only took 20 minutes for it to a blonde color,so it may be even less for you.Of course depending on hair type,how porous it is and stuff.
emu_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emu_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 12:08am
ooh that is good news, thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic