Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Young and Needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hungry4Hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hungry4Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Young and Needed
    Posted: March 23 2007 at 8:15pm
 Hey Everyone! My name is KarVonnia Dixson. I just joined Hair Botique. I am 15 years old, so I am pretty young compared to most of you.
I joined because I know not one thing about how to take care of my hair. My mother just graduated cosmetology school, so she is a newbie. But I need PROFESSIONAL HELP!ConfusedConfused
 About two years ago, I cut my hair into an afro in order to "start over." I had planned to let the afro grow out and then when I was ready, I was going to relax my hair. I have been using no-lye relaxers all my life. I just found out that no-lye relaxers are a big no-no!
I finally did relax my hair, however, my hair started to break off. And now my hair has not been growing since last year.
Yesterday I went to my hairdresser to ask for her advice. She told me to start using Cream of Nature Shampoo and Infusium 23 Leave-In  Conditioner. Sher also told me to wear a silk scarf over my head every night before I go to bed.
My hair is very thick and even with a relaxer, you can feel new growth. Yuck!  It that normal for a girl like me with such thick hair?
I hope that I have given you enough information to help you help me. I am only 15 years old, so I would like to start taking care of my hair while I am still young.
Thank You very much!Smile

Edited by Hungry4Hair - March 23 2007 at 8:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic