Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairdreams Microline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fakehairess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakehairess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairdreams Microline
    Posted: March 27 2007 at 8:24pm
Has anyone had experience with Hairdreams microline system?  The Hairdreams website describes it as a unique thickening solution but there is very little information.  Is this simply an integration system?  Is it superior to other systems in any way? 

Also has anyone used Invisible Hair as a thickening solution?

Edited by fakehairess - March 27 2007 at 10:02pm
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 9:38pm

When I was at the ISSE hair show in Long Beach at the begining of Feb, I went to a informational seminar that Hairdreams put on.  It does appear that they are getting into the hair replacement business.  The Microline is a hair integration hairpiece.  Funny as it seems, Hairdreams also wants to put out a line of hairpieces for men too.

At this seminar, they had mannquin heads set up where we could play around with their hair and see how their machine and bonds worked.  I liked their product very much and the hair seems like it's top of the line.  The only problem is that they want $3600 to become certified to use their product.

Edited by metalgirl - March 28 2007 at 9:40pm
Crowninglory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowninglory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 4:47pm
According to Hairdreams the price is for the supplies that you will need to do the service. You get the machine as well as the hair need to do the mannequin and your model. The certification is free. At least that is what I was told when I took the class. Clients I have done this on all love it.
fakehairess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakehairess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2007 at 7:17pm
crowninglory - Since you have experience with the microline sysem, can you tell me a little bit more about it?  Is it just the quality of the hair that makes it superior to other integration systems or does it have a better attachment method?  I'm glad to hear that your clients love it as I am seriously considering it.  If you've worked with other systems for thinning hair, how does the hairdreams system compare.  Thanks for any advice!
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 12:48am
Wow! I'm going out to get a microline system! Thanks so much for telling me about this as I don't know what things would have been like if not for your, I mean the microline system!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowninglory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2007 at 1:53pm
I have worked with one other line, The Le Metric System out of New York. The quality of the hair is the same but the attachment was different. In the Le Metric line they start you out attaching the hair with clips they say because it would be too hard for the stylist as well as the client to deal with to have it attached more permanently until they got use to the hair. Hairdreams teaches you to attach the piece right away and is attached with a synthetic keratin bond (not glue). Your own hair that you may have still is integrated into the piece so it doesn't lay flat on your head. Le Metric has this method also but when I was learning I was told this was not the preferred way. They have pieces that don’t allow you to pull your own hair thru. You then have to go in and thin out the piece. With the integrated piece you are already dealing with less hair so there is less fuss about thinning. Personally, I prefer the hair integration.
Both use the same method of designing the piece for the client.

The biggest difference between the two systems is the price. Hairdreams is less expensive.  Neither system is cheap but you can plan on paying at least $500 more for the Le Metric system.  They both last the same length of time before they need to be refreshed (after the first year).

Hope this helps.

matador77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matador77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 8:52pm
Hey Crowning glory.  I just got the microline system over a month ago and I love it!!  I am living in orange county and will be moving soon and wondered where you were located.. And do you know if there  is a website  i can go to where i can find salons who service the microline system?  Thanks!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowninglory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 3:31pm
I live in Ventura County just north of you.  I called Hairdreams local office and they said you could call them with your moving info and they would find you a servicing salon. There is no website that will do this.

Good luck!Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowninglory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 3:34pm
I am so sorry, I posted once with the number but it didn't register so I did it again but forgot the number. So here it is: 310-880-1690.
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2007 at 2:35am
All my clients with integration systems go for 10 to 12 weeks. The downside is it takes me approx. 3 hours for take down and install. I use circular cornrow attachments. In some ways it's not worth it, I would hate having to sit still for 3 hours. I get my full head integration system from New Concepts, the price is really good, but I can't find anywhere else I can get a full head system that is under $400. Lace fronts look beautiful, but it's just to hot in Hawaii to wear anything without ventilation. We live in the hotest area in the Island chain. Don't feel too sorry for me though. Does anyone know where I can purchase an integration system that I can use with cornrows that's under $400.?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic