Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Noooooo, thin hair + hair being ripped out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
madness_hamster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madness_hamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noooooo, thin hair + hair being ripped out!
    Posted: April 06 2007 at 8:27pm
hello! im a 21 yr old female i have very very thin hair, i have a receding hairline...(i think)... its only on one side?? it looks awful, i have wispy short hairs there but the scalp is clearly visible, and having dark hair just makes it worse, but to make matters worse yesturday i got myself involved in a fight accidently... by getting in the way i found myself to be the victim of a girl ripping my hair out! im now left with a massive bald patch on the back of my head, and a few other patches of baldness Cry i have hair that goes greasy straight away and is also flyaway... basically my hair is really getting me down, and im very embaressed about it, i hate being in the wind, getting my hair wet and basically anyone seeing my hair when ive just woke up! is there anything people can suggest about the patches?? they are itching, but i dont want to scratch incase they go red and the hair decides not to grow back or something! Thank you
sheeba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheeba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 10:27am
this iz same my problum but my age iz 20 plz guide us .
RayBlu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayBlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2007 at 12:18pm
I really feel for you because I have had embarrassingly thin hair for a long time now. I have become obsessed with looking at other girls' hair and wishing that mine was like that.

I've tried hair loss treatments like Dr Lewenberg's formula but it didn't have a dramatic enough effect. I've finally made the decision to buy a full lace wig. There are some gorgeous ones on the net that look and feel like your own hair - you can sleep in them, go swimming and go out in the wind! Nobody can tell its a wig and there are so many people wearing them that I realised how silly I've been in comparing myself to other girls - many of them probably had lace wigs on!

Do your research first though - I advise you take a look at the wig forum on this website.

Good luck!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2007 at 5:52am
Try NIOXIN.I have mentioned it on here before.It is a 3 part system that really plumps up thin hair.
Also,you may want to get some hair cut until the bald patches grow out.At least it will look a bit more even once the hair starts growing out.
Sorry this happend to you!
sheeba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheeba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2007 at 11:01am
what a stupid advise huh! u just follow it ok
ranjit328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranjit328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2007 at 11:45pm
There Is A Secret That Hair Treatment Companies Don't Want You To Find Out!!

Why?

Because Their Multi Million Dollar Profits Depend On You Not Knowing...

Just imagine if there was a cure for hereditary Hair Loss that you could make at home within 10 minutes with some plants and roots that probably grow in your own garden or that can be purchased at the supermarket for $1.00!!!
=================================================
http://yuushoku.net/
=================================================
Dmahiyer7893 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmahiyer7893 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 12:07pm
www.horizonshaircare.com
we sell all natural products at a cheap price that are proven to help you with your problem. These products will help to re- grow hair thicker and healthier than before

the link again is

girlonthecover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlonthecover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2009 at 7:44am

hi! cheer up... i have the same problem. my hair loss is greater on one side, i have a receding hairline which makes my already huge forehead just hideous, so i put bangs to cover up. it has been a year since my hair started falling out, probably due to stress and genetics, and ever since, ive grown to accept the fate of my hair!!!

to tell you, i used to have gorgeous, straight, jet-black hair and everybody just envied it!! but my glorious hair days came to end when i indulged in crash dieting, and along with the pounds, i lost clumps of hair everyday... that's why it's really best to maintain a healthy, balanced diet. getting into unhealthy crash diets is just not worth it.. it messes up your entire body and it reflects on your skin and hair!

also, just a month ago, my sister and i got into a fight and we pulled each others hair! but i got the bigger blow because i already have thinning hair and i lost a lot during that time. i really got crazy when i saw a bald patch on my scalp, thankfully, it's now growing back... i just drink hair vitamins to provide my hair with the nutrients it needs.

i tried to use Minoxidil along with a shampoo and conditioner that supposedly will treat my hair loss problems, but then it just accelerated my hair loss so i had to stop it. i also tried using henna dye to thicken my hair, but it just made things worse, so try to avoid henna though they claim it to be "natural".

btw, im also 21 and at the prime of my life! i used to be very confident.. and that confidence was drawn from my then beautiful hair.. now that im losing it, it's just sad and it affects my self-esteem.. im no longer as confident as i used to be.. Confused it took a long time for me to "heal" inwardly and accept the condition of my hair, but at the end of the day, it's the only thing i could ever hold on to... acceptance.. still, i don't give up on finding solutions, and later on, i don't mind wearing a wig if i ever have to...

but im still very hopeful that my hair will grow and thicken and be as beautiful as before!! i understand the need to not "stress" over it, make sure i keep a healthy lifestyle, and pray lots that my hair loss issue will finally be resolved!

God bless... Smile

Edited by girlonthecover - February 21 2009 at 7:56am
Patricia8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 7:03am
A year ago I suffered from hair loss too and I started trying everything you can imagine to stop my hair loss.
the things that really worked for me was:

1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;

2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;

3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;

4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);

5) also I used herbal treatment - I think it is very important!

It enhances hair growth by blocking DHT (Dihydrotestostrone) - a major cause of hair loss!

good luck!
---------------------------------------

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 13 2009 at 11:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic