Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my brother's funny story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my brother's funny story
    Posted: April 09 2007 at 12:21pm
My little brother (19 years old) told me that he's figured out a new way to get really funny odd looks from people......... give hair tips!  LOL

He works as a cabinet builder/installer and he and his 2 coworkers and some other guy friends frequent this one restaurant in town.  They're very well known there and the waitresses always chat with them.  They are always getting funny looks for several reasons - they come in covered in saw dust and it's a nice place where alot of office people have lunch, they fixed a table that was unlevel, they put out the candles on their table with their fingers, they order stuff that's not on the menu, etc.
   Well, there's one waitress who has long hair past her waist.  My brother told the guys that it was natural curly because he can tell the difference between natural and permed.  Nobody believed him.  So he asked her, and he was right!  He talks to her about hair all the time and always takes notice of how she fixes it because her hair is so much like mine.  That gets him some odd looks.  But this really did... 
   There's this other waitress who has hair between shoulder and mid-back length.  She was telling the guys that she was going to get it cut.  They all said in unison "No! Don't!"  She said the ends were so unhealthy and it was dry and nasty, she didn't know what else to do but get it all cut off.  So my brother says, "Stop straightening it."  "Huh?"  "You use a flat iron like every day!  And that's what makes it like that."  Speachless pause.  Then, "You're so weird" and she turns and walks away.  He said that not only did she give him a strange look, several people at near-by tables did too!  Later, it was brought up again.  He insisted that he knew what he was talking about, but she didn't want to believe that a guy with military-short hair knew something like that.  He also told her that longer hair makes girls look thinner (she's always worried about her weight even though she's a toothpick).  She gave him another look.  The other guys joined in, trying to convince her to grow it longer.  She really didn't know what to think!  He got a good laugh telling us about it.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 3:06pm
What a great story!LOL You really have some good ones. Your brother much really pay attention to his sisters.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 4:01pm
     Shocked Oh, he's one of THOSE, out in the open! Hmmm... You know, the kind who is simply nuts about long hair on women, and pays close attention to it. Well, I suppose that it's always nice to know that there are others like me! (lol)
     I do find it interesting that *all* the men were displeased about the waitress' contemplated cut. Some on these boards do not believe that most guys have a definitive preference for long. But, one thing you will never see is a bunch of men encouraging a woman to whack off her beautiful hair. (lol)  For those of you (you know who you are!!) who are skeptical about this fact, I rest my case. Great story, Sarah! (lol) Blessings, Bob

Edited by Bob S - April 09 2007 at 4:03pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 11:43am
Bob,
Yes, he's one of THOSE! lol  And not ashamed of it in the least.  It is unusual to have a group of guys like that, willing to voice their opinion on the subject.  But, then, they're an unusual group. Smile

Alisa,
Thanks.  He's very attentive to me and my sister.  All of my brothers are really.  They're great.
sarah
40 inches
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 9:01pm
that is sooo funny!!!
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 12:32am
Haha, the first time I hung out with my now boyfriend, I mentioned getting a triple barrel. And he turns and says, "Oh, like a triple barrel curling iron? That'll take forever to do your hair!"

Me: *gives him very very very weird look*

His next questions: "Does your hair hold hairspray well?"

Me: *weird look* "Um... are you sure you aren't gay?"

Turns out one of his ex-girlfriends triple barreled her hair and that's how he knew about it.

But it is very weird for guys to comment on anything really hair related, especially styling/product wise.

Kudos to your brother! I know a few guys that love my hair and then there are a few that say "You'd be hot with short hair" but meh, whatever.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 10:34am
Originally posted by letmecount123 letmecount123 wrote:

And he turns and says, "Oh, like a triple barrel curling iron? That'll take forever to do your hair!"

Me: *gives him very very very weird look*

His next questions: "Does your hair hold hairspray well?"

Me: *weird look* "Um... are you sure you aren't gay?"

Turns out one of his ex-girlfriends triple barreled her hair and that's how he knew about it.

That's funny.  I think he mentioned to one of them that his sister was a hair fanatic.  um... that would be me. Smile

Edited by hairbraider - April 11 2007 at 10:35am
sarah
40 inches
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 1:08pm
     OK, Holly, NOW I am offended! (lol) Truthfully, I've been asked by numerous people ifI "missed my calling- (hairstyling)". I know what they are suggesting! (lol) I can take it! Cry
     But haven't you noticed that the actual gay men who are beauticians seem to love funky and short styles on women? They live to chop hair off! My wife's old stylist certainly did. Blessings, Bob
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 7:40pm
That is funny but haven't you noticed that when a guy pays attention to your hair it kinda makes what your doing more worthwhile?? Or is that just me lol I think its special when they notice your hair so we should appreciate guys like your brother, hairbraider :)
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by horselover_1625 horselover_1625 wrote:

That is funny but haven't you noticed that when a guy pays attention to your hair it kinda makes what your doing more worthwhile?? Or is that just me lol I think its special when they notice your hair so we should appreciate guys like your brother, hairbraider :)

It's not just you, Horselover!  It's great to know... really KNOW... that all that work being put into it is being noticed.  I have one guy friend in particular who is always commenting on my hair and asking me what kind of funky concoctions I've been using and how well they're working.  He's always encouraging me about it.  I saw a guy the other day that I haven't seen in a while.  He said "wow! your hair has really grown since I saw you last!"  I said "Big%20smile"  lol
sarah
40 inches
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic