Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sunscreen for hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunscreen for hair?
    Posted: April 09 2007 at 3:40pm
Do any of you know of a good sunscreen for hair? I live in an almost desert like clilmate that is getting ready to get very sunny and hot. I spend alot of times out doors, so I want to protect my hair. In the past I always just put it in a braid, and ment to get a sunscreen, but just didn't get around to it. I plan on getting a wide brimed hat and still using a braid, but I would still like a sunscreen. Thank you all.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Army Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Army Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 5:45pm
Here is an article on screens for the hair:

As far as brand...I have no clue.  Let us know if you find a good product.
Lori
1bCiii
hennahead
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 6:35pm
This discussion came up on the long hair site quite a while ago, I don't really remember what the outcome was.  Though I think it was determined that the absolute best way to protect it was to wear something to cover it.  I don't like wearing hats because they make me feel hotter and that's not good in 100+ temps!  I like wearing bandanas.  If it's really hot, I'll wet the bandana.  Cooling and protecting at the same time! Thumbs%20Up

Even if you decide not to protect your hair from the sun, it's important to remember to put some sunscreen in your part (if you have one) or you'll end up with a very itchy flaky burning little stripe down the top of your head.

Edited by hairbraider - April 09 2007 at 6:38pm
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 6:36pm
Ermm somehow the post posted twice and I can't figure out a way to delete one.  oops!

Edited by hairbraider - April 09 2007 at 6:39pm
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 6:42pm
I can attest to the sunburned scalp!! 
I remember getting one when I was a summer camp councelor.  It hurts!  and to put anthing on it to make it feel better made my hair all greasy. 
So don't get one!!Wacko
Jen, (1a/f/ii)
LRM1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 8:19pm
Redken has a hair sunscreen line.  I used some on my Cruise last year.  It felt greasy to me, so I did not use it more than twice. 

Lisa
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 9:10pm
can oil be used as sunscreen for hair....Wink oh say.... carott tea tree

Edited by SugarCube - April 10 2007 at 9:10pm
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 5:51pm

Thank you all for your inputs. I might be wrong, but I want to say that I read somewhere or was told that oil is useful as a sunscreen. So,I guess I will have to do some research. Which I love to do.I will let you know what I find out.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 7:30pm
thanks i just don't like putting products in my hair. i hardly use more than 1/2 teaspoon gell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic