Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's the ULTIMATE flat iron?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Electro Fairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electro Fairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's the ULTIMATE flat iron?
    Posted: April 22 2007 at 2:30pm
Ok, Well I have quite thick, curly, frizzy hair. Most of the time it looks great. But Im getting very bored with it.

I am going to get some hair straighteners, but I have no idea which ones are the best.

I was thinking about getting some GHD's? But I have heard a lot about Chi and Hai and others.  What are your views on the best flat iron? I want an amazing one that doesnt damage my hair, and leaves my hair super straight all day. Also they have to last long, with a good guarrantee. I am willing to pay any price!

What are your thoughts? Any opinion is appreciated thank you xxx

toni4fitness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toni4fitness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 7:12pm
Hi, I would use the Sedu Straightener. Has the best results, a 30 day guarantee and lots of good feedback from clients who use the product. See myhairboutique gallery for sample client results!
You'll love this product o/

Tonimaree

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 28 2010 at 10:11pm
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2007 at 10:58pm
Sedu, Sedu, Sedu. The stuff rocks!!! I love it. Pair it up with some Redken Heat Glide and you will be in love as well.
Electro Fairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electro Fairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 1:11pm
Cool.. I'll check it out thanks
pinksummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 10:58pm
T3 Tourmaline works great.

The Sedu and Solia are owned by folica.com, which is why it has so many great reviews.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2007 at 7:55am
Sedu, has great reviews because it performs great. It has nothing to do with Folica owning it. My review and that of many of my friends is on that site; and no they did not pay me or gave me anything in exchage for my review (like other sites claim) I have tried the different flat irons and this one is absolutly awesome. For my hair nothing works like it. Not the Chi, not the T3 tourmaline, not that $398 Bioionic piece of crap that I'm still so upset about buying, not my $150 Adam Sphere Super Star, not the $100 Helen of Troy etc. You see I have actually tried them, so I can tell you what worked the best.

I think a more fair statement would be for people to say, "The T3 works for me, I haven't tried the Sedu", instead of assuming, because of what they have read on another site, that the reviews are fake. Of course the other sites have to say something negative. They are loosing sales. So what Folica manufactures the irons? They are exellent products and they keep selling more.  When I first bought my iron, there were only about 180 reviews. 
 Just like the Chi (which you can find reviews for on the same site), The Sedu and Solia have good a bad reviews. I have found good reviews for them on other sites as well. I can assure you the good reviews are well deserved. Take it from someone who has actually tried the different irons, not just read what someone else(whom most of the time hasn't even tried it) had to say about it. Anyone who has tried my Sedu, has gotten one. They just can not believe how great it is.

I'm sure as everything else, there are people who like other irons better. However, I'm sure anyone who posted a positive review on that site is because the iron worked great for them. Not because the company makes them.
kelleyh2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelleyh2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2007 at 7:42pm
Sedu is a great iron as well as GHD. But the Flat iron I reccomend is the PHI brand. It heats up quickly and gets very hot! I have owned one for over a year now and like it better than my chi flat iron. Check out the website it is in my signature below. 
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 1:13pm
I've never tried a Sedu flat iron but everyone seems to love it.  Does it really work so much better or does it depend on the hair type?  I've been using a bed head straightener and really like how it works.  It makes my hair feel soft and shiny along with nice and straight.  It was also a reasonable price which was a big attraction for me.  Definitely worth checking out.  
Amira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2007 at 7:32pm
I used Corioliss for 2 years. It curled as well as straightened. I over used it and dropped it...so it broke. I am now using my mother's Chi and I refuse to give it back. Lol
eeyore102400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eeyore102400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2007 at 1:35pm
I have the Rusk professional line of straigtening Irons.  I love it.  I am a stylist and use it many different textures of hair.  I have tried Chi.  Which I think the quality is lacking in the past few years, and I have tried Elzo Milano (I think).  But I am always looking to newer and better.  I will have to look this Sedu up and give it a whirl. Thanks for the info
Believe*Love*Laugh*LIVE
Beautylicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautylicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 11:21am
Sakarra By Kodo they are absolutly amazing . I find GHD is only a brand name, and arent really that great considering the amount of pairs ive went through. I remember the year i first got them on my birthday i thought they wer fantastic .... then a day before my birthday the next again year they blew up ....and again after only 6 months and then again when i bought my 4th pair . Of course at the time they only had 1 years guarantee with them. But i stuck to the brand name thinkin every other flat iron out there was just junk! I couldnt just go without flat irons so i had to find a pair quick and was sick of every pair of ghds letting me down . I tried nearly every flat iron from FHIS to T3S to chis and so on....But none of them were as good as ghds. i wasnt willing to pay for another pair of ghds that would blow up.So i bought sakkaras this year and must say they are the most amazing flat irons ive ever used. They stay at the temperature all the time, they turn off when u dont use them with in 15 mins. they dont snag the hair . Theres nothin i can possibly fault with them . They are made properly to .... whereas GHDS arent (so watchdog says) . Ghd have an electrical fault and its all to do with them heating up too fast . Sakkara only take 12 seconds to heat up but thet flat irons do it properly :)

Ooooohh Sakkara are AMAZING.

Sorry for the long post peeps x
sarahj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 9:09pm
hi, without a doubt the ghd. it doesnt have temp control which is better so you wnot be turning up too high and burning your hair. it goes to 375 which i feel is sufficient. plus you only need to glide over hair once unlike other hair straighteners~!
sjxoxoxoxo
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2007 at 10:04pm
I have to disagree. GHD is ok but is not all that. And weather you have to glide hair once or more, really depends on the texture of your hair. I have used the ghd and it doesn't work half as good as my Sedu. My friend bought a GHD, and when I do her hair, she always asks me to use my iron. GHD Is not a bad iron, but for the price I would get a Solia. It works much better. Plus the fact that it doesn't have a temperature control is a bad thing when you only need touch ups. You have to use it at 375 degrees when you don't need that much heat. If you are going to charge me that much for an iron, you better give me some heat control.
erinlk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinlk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2007 at 3:40pm
The new Karmin Titanium is the best, I have tried GHD and Sedu and now I will only ever use my Karmin hair iron. I have really frizzy hair and you would never know after I use this iron, plus it has a better price tag considering it's just as good, if not better.
Crimsonsugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 10:22pm
I have coarse hair and it is difficult to straighten even with a relaxer.  Once relaxed washed and dried under a hairdryer, usually the stylist has to use the flat iron that you put in an iron oven.
 My last stylist tried the chi on me and it didn't look like it did anything to straighten my hair. The real test would be my hair air dried.Cry
bubbly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2008 at 1:11am
GHD is overrated....I used it & it pulls my hair when I try to curl it and it leaves my hair looking sizzled.  I use MARCOS hair straightener and it's just lush! The other day at work one of my friends commented on how healthy my hair was looking and I just wanted to laugh because I naturally have curly hair (which means frizzy hair ..hee hee) but somehow it is making my hair look really glossy.  I also use a heat protectant before using it.
616x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 616x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 10:15pm
I think if you're going by price and customer reviews, it has to be the FHI Runway at MSRP $450.  I've checked all the reviews, and rarely does anyone give it 4/5 stars, it usually gets 5 stars and glowing reviews.

Edited by 616x - September 24 2008 at 10:15pm
krystlegarrison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krystlegarrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2009 at 1:42pm
I love the CHI nano iron. It works great on all hair types and it gets super hot in about 5 seconds.
Krystle
straightener View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straightener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2009 at 2:27pm
The 2 inch chi flat iron is just perfect for everyone.

Edited by straightener - March 18 2009 at 2:28pm
emma61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 9:04am
 It's so awesome and has lasted me much longer than other flat irons. It's not as expensive as some other brands and works better.

Edited by gbruenning - December 15 2014 at 8:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic