Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

...A "cut it?" thread!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
danglybanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danglybanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...A "cut it?" thread!
    Posted: April 23 2007 at 3:46am

Edited by danglybanger - July 30 2007 at 4:44pm
Army Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Army Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 5:50am
I love the short haired pic, but...  I think you don't like the STAGE your hair is in.  Also the condition of your hair looks like you could improve it quite easily and be happy with it.

Although I do not recommend chemical straightening, I also believe it is LESS harsh on your hair than daily flat ironing. 

Do your hair care products contain silicone?  Are you over conditioning your hair?  Hence the limp do nothing hair?

Sometimes it is good to "start from scratch" and clarify your hair, deep condition and use different shampoo and conditioning products.

Also hair at this stage of growth *is* quite annoying.  Another 2 or 3 months and you can pull it back into a ponytail.  In fact, you could slick it all back into a pony now with lots of gel.  Try it and see.
Lori
1bCiii
hennahead
360s comin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360s comin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 7:29am
wow
360s comin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 360s comin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 7:30am
do what u like best
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 3:16pm
i think it looks great but maybe you could gel it out of your face
danglybanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danglybanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 8:25pm
...I can pretty much do a ponytail, heh. seems the front grows quicker than the back (antimullet) so there are only a few strands that I can't hold back.

...Gel? With normal hair gel, it just undoes the flat ironing and makes it curl back up... or is there some other sort of gel I ought to be using.

thanks for the support, heh :D
Army Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Army Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 5:39am

When you gel it back into a ponytail, it should dry straight.  So later when you take it out of the ponytail, your hair won't recurl till you wet it.

Lori
1bCiii
hennahead
Sarsvati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarsvati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2007 at 12:57pm
You look much sexier with long hair. Even with a fro, though I do like the straight haired one the best. maybe you could keep it long and only straighten it sometimes. If you get it into better condtion (and let it grow longer) it probably won't look so crazy in the mornings and will become a little more tame
Sarsvati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarsvati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2007 at 12:59pm
ps. i don't know if you're still reading this, but you say you love long hair, so I would try to learn how to handle it first before just cutting it off. THere's a lot of good info about how to care for hair on this sight.

Edited by Sarsvati - May 10 2007 at 12:59pm
Precious Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 1:02pm
MUCH sexier with the long hair.
March 2007:

kaypetrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaypetrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 9:26pm
long hair is amazing on guys!

maybe cut a few inches off? but keep it long... its so much more attractive!
stargazer026 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 11:39pm
Id like to see you with the tight curls or dreadlocks with some highlights
HopeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HopeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2007 at 12:08am
I would trim the longest layers at the nape of your neck and leave the length in the front & crown. Like Johnny Depp's recent look--it will still convey that edgy, longhaired guy look, but possibly be easier to style, especially in curlier looks. Also, have you tried surf sprays? Like the Bumble & Bumble ($$$) or Garnier (less $) ones? They're meant to give sexy beachy texture to hair--something like that might be helpful with your curls. Like this:

Or this:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic