Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair gel and wax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sumcooguy611 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumcooguy611 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair gel and wax
    Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:03am
whats the best gel  or wax to have, to make your hair have sort of the dry look. I want to have a frohawk,  which is simmilar to a  a mohawk, but you dont shave the sides. What i  was thinking was  using the gel or wax to make it have a dry look...thanks in advance
anselfor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anselfor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 4:49pm
it really depends on the type of hair you got.  if its mangable, and in good condition you can add some gel at the roots of your hair after leaving some leavin-in conditioner after cleansing. then blowdry, and spike the ends up with some wax/pomade. and a spritz of hair spray. it really depends on how you hair is. such as, pomade vs. wax - wax=heavier/thicker    pomade - lighter and softer 
i recommend pantene products (specially the gel) because they dont dry your hair out like some other products do.... (sauve.../tressemme....) pantene has got a great texturizing collection just for unique styling now 2! so play around and find out whats best!
luvsmatchbox20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsmatchbox20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 8:27pm
Just try not to use products with alcohol in them.  It causes split ends and damage.  Since you are a guy though you probably get your hair trimmed a lot, but I still thought it would be a good *heads-up* just in case it matters to you.
fashionista_15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashionista_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 9:02pm
ok the BEST matt looking hair product is 'Sebastian' - Clay.  It lasts for ages - has really great hold - matt texture.  Fantastic!!.  Failing that I have alo use the 'Joico' moulding putty & that is really good too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic