Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where can I buy some Toner Shampoo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
laceydon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceydon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where can I buy some Toner Shampoo?
    Posted: April 26 2007 at 3:24pm
I just highlighted my naturally red hair and the highlights came out a little brassy. Does anyone know where i can buy a toner shampoo??
thanks!
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 4:58pm
I use clairol shimmer lights for my blonde and it works REALLY well...I got mine at amazon but you can also get it at sally's
Before/After toning with Wella

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by laceydon laceydon wrote:

I just highlighted my naturally red hair and the highlights came out a little brassy. Does anyone know where i can buy a toner shampoo??
thanks!

Shimmering Lights Shampoo at Sally's is to help knock out yellow or gold in blonde hair. It's a toner but not a toner for brassiness. Many times people with platinum hair or gray hair have buildup of product on their hair that changes the haircolor or adds a tint to it. With platinum hair it's because it's so pourous...so stuff like a leave in conditioner or anything like that will soak into the hairstrand and stain the cuticle or cortex...the same thing with gray hair as it ages...because the hair strands are coarse and the cuticle can quickly become brittle and chip off...allowing gray hair which is unpigmented hair take on an almost yellow tinge to it and look kinda dirty. It's actually product buildup or staining of the unpigmented hair by products used in the hair. The Shimmering Lights shampoo removes that and tones the hair back to it's natural gray or platinum colored hair.

I'd really hafta see your hair however if you want to tone it go buy some Shades EQ Level 9N....add a few drops and I do mean only a few drops....of 9V....mix it 1:1 with Shades EQ Developer and apply it to the brassy parts....mush it in....leave it on and watch the hair you will see it tone the hair...this is where a experienced stylist needs to watch the hair so they don't leave the toner on too long and it tones to a darker color than the client desired....typically it should take 1-2 minutes to tone it...unless it's really brassy...but you could always put it on again for several minutes if your not happy after 2 minutes...you should be left with a very natural light blonde in your highlights.

G'luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic