Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlighting Help Please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Drazen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drazen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlighting Help Please!
    Posted: April 26 2007 at 3:33pm
Hi,

I have medium-dark (naturally), wavy, hair that is in long layers a few inches past my shoulders. The current color of my hair is brassy b/c I tried highlighting it. I have been highlighting my hair for years b/c my neighbor growing up was a hair stylist and taught both my mom and me to do it. So, I am usually happy with the way the hightlights look, but not the color. I recently tried a Loreal product that is made specifically for darker hair, and although it was better the the previous Loreal product I used, the highlights were not light enough and again, are too brassy. In the past I have corrected this by coloring over the highlights with anywhere from a dark to light ash blond. However, I want to stop coloring and just highlight. My goal is to have nice, white(ish) highlights in my naturally brown hair. I have come to the realization that drug store products are not strong enough to do this. I looked on Sally's website and saw numerous proucts, and solutions of varying strengths. I also looked into toners. My questions are:

What would be the best products to use to get the look I want?
What strength should I use (10-40?)
What toner would be better, blue or violet (the color I have now is between an orange and yellow)?
What toner is gentlest and lasts the longest?

TIA!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic