Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Boundless Tresses Users?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:46am
No problem kellie, good luck with ur creation after this bottle I too am going to make my own
Hair album
pw:Romeo
mercedes826 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercedes826 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2007 at 3:40pm
I definitely smells better than MTG. It keeps my new growth soft. As far as i can tell I'm getting good results.
First Goal-Full SL
Second Goal- Full APL
Final Goal-Any length beyond is all gravy

http://public.fotki.com/mercedes826/

digitaldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 9:40am
I received my order of Boundless Tresses. I can't imagine using this greasy nonsense every day or even every other day. I only use it in between my parted hair when I rollerset. Has anyone gotten significant results from it? :-)Big%20smile
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 5:37pm
Lol @ greasy nonsense

I haven't been using it 100% consistently but I have been using it about 2x a week...i can tell that's it helped fill in my edges since I took my braids out but I can wait to flat iron at the end of September to see the grown I retained

Originally posted by digitaldiva digitaldiva wrote:

I received my order of Boundless Tresses. I can't imagine using this greasy nonsense every day or even every other day. I only use it in between my parted hair when I rollerset. Has anyone gotten significant results from it? :-)[IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Big%20smile" />
Hair album

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 8:07am
[QUOTE=blackhoney112]Lol @ greasy nonsense

I haven't been using it 100% consistently but I have been using it about 2x a week...i can tell that's it helped fill in my edges since I took my braids out but I can wait to flat iron at the end of September to see the grown I retained

Good! This is sort of off topic, but I my ends and I are definitely at a crossroads... I know about them splitting up the hair shaft and things, but my hair looks so healthy. I'm going to just keep on with it and see how it goes.
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 9:03am
If you want to make your own.  Here's a recipe I got from another forum.

Ingredients:

Extra Virgin Olive oil

Coconut oil

Jojoba oil

Pure sulphur (yellow colour)

Empty MTG 32OZ bottle for good measure....i fill the bottom about a full inch of sulfur powder and fill the remainder with the natural oils. leave the mixture for a day or two so that the sulphur can dissolve a bit into the oil mix. give it a good shake before applying the sulphur to scalp/hair area. if you find the mix clumps together run it through the blender.

I purchased the sulfur on ebay--

eta:  I make my own version using a 12 oz bottle.

2 teaspoons of sulfur
4 oz. jojoba oil
3 oz. olive oil
4 oz  coconut oil

10 drops essential oil (you pick scent, however, I've used lavender , lemon, or rosemary) 

Shake well before apply. 

Edited by mslady - August 10 2007 at 9:06am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 9:11am
Originally posted by mslady mslady wrote:

If you want to make your own.  Here's a recipe I got from another forum.

Ingredients:

Extra Virgin Olive oil

Coconut oil

Jojoba oil

Pure sulphur (yellow colour)

Empty MTG 32OZ bottle for good measure....i fill the bottom about a full inch of sulfur powder and fill the remainder with the natural oils. leave the mixture for a day or two so that the sulphur can dissolve a bit into the oil mix. give it a good shake before applying the sulphur to scalp/hair area. if you find the mix clumps together run it through the blender.

I purchased the sulfur on ebay--

Wow. I just ordered the one from BoundLess....
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL
lbfree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lbfree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 12:51pm
Hey Ladies!  I ordered Boundless Tresses last week and it arrived last night (about 5 business days), not bad.  Including the shipping fee, I paid $17.75.  I used it according to directions, trying to apply it only to my scalp.  It is so greasy and runny of course it didn't just stay on my scalp so after wrappin my hair I am definately one greasy sista today.  My hair is relaxed with only 1.5 inches of new growth (plus the new growth was pressed straight) .  I think if I had more new growth the kinks would have trapped some of that oil and kept it from sliding throughout my hair.  I think it will be fine if used when wet setting.  I'm going to stick to it and measure my results after 4 weeks.  I'm pretty consistent at 1/2" of growth per month, so I'll know if it is doing anything.  I'll check back in September with a before and after shot. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 2:12pm
Yep that stuff so greasy! But I like applying a little oil to my scalp so why not just use this stuff if it makes my hair grow? Someone is making a killing off of this though. The container looks like someone used a old printer and taped the contents on the bottle.
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 6:14pm
Hey I just did a very very very light dusting the first in maybe 5 months and I have not been seeing broken hairs only shed hairs when I do my hair...I do see splits but since cowashing/rinsing daily and obsessive search and destroys those are few and far between... girl do what you gotta do if your hair is healthy and your not seeing little broken off pieces then why cut off your progress

Originally posted by digitaldiva digitaldiva wrote:

Good! This is sort of off topic, but I my ends and I are definitely at a crossroads... I know about them splitting up the hair shaft and things, but my hair looks so healthy. I'm going to just keep on with it and see how it goes.
Hair album
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 9:44am

mslady, thanks for sharing the recipe..i was lurking on blackhairmedia.com..man, there was a real big "to do" between the  vendors and the Boundless Tresses exilir..or a copy of it? not sure..

It had gotten so bad that they had to finally "lock" the topic..i was trying to figure out what "product" they were talking about..apparently, they couldn't mention any names..when finally "BT" was  the name  the vendors would use on the forum during this intense discussion...

i am so glad you posted the recipe..we also found the recipe posted on the "long hair forum", and many other places...i am so grateful that the "recipe" or any version thereof, is not a big "secret"..

Thus, i've started a thread, sharing the recipe with other forum members...would you believe other forum members also shared their version of it as well? Plus offering to help any forum members who don't have access to sulphur..it's great!

You've started a wonderful trend, MsLady..The women on the BlackHairMedia forum thank you!

some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 6:46pm
Your welcome femme.

I, too, had ordered boundless tresses when I decided to do a thorough search on LHCF.  Guess what?    The lady who sells BT isn't the lady who created it according to the LHCF.  It seems that someone else started it and the BT seller found it, created it, maybe tweaked it and is now selling to everyone online.   Not knocking BT seller for getting her hussle on. 

I just realized I could make the recipe myself for cheaper. 

2 teaspoons of sulfur  (purchased from ebay)
4 oz. jojoba oil          (craft or health food store)
3 oz. olive oil             (grocery store)
4 oz  coconut oil       (grocery store)

10 drops essential oil (craft or health food store) 

eta:  I recently add about 1 oz of Surge to my concoction.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 3:41pm
Well, looks as if the BT seller isn't the only one.. There is someone else who is selling it on the forum under her name..This is where the fur started flying..it really became ugly..still is..

Can you tell me: what is Surge?  Apparently, they stopped making it..plus it came in different formulas..Surge 9, then that discontinued Surge 14..then they said, this has been put on hold..

What is Surge anyway?  everyone is talking about it..That, MTG (i have no idea what that is) and Monistat..

also, Have you ever heard of Ting Ting?

mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 5:14am
Femme-- Surge is a growth aid. 

Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 Increases Hair Growth
Stops Split Ends and Breakage

Surge Plus 14 utilizes a special combination of proteins to help stimulate and promote hair growth. Biotin and Keratin Proteins as well as Aloe Vera help stop split ends and the hair from breaking while the muccopolysaccharides help promote hair growth. Within 14 days you should notice a difference in your hair. Plus 14 can also be used as a detangler and will leave your hair tangle free without breakage.

Directions: Spray directly into scalp, part hair or braid then spray scalp. For best results shampoo hair and use twice a day. As a detangler and to stop split ends, spray directly on hair.

MTG is Main, Tail and Growth by Shapley's.

It's a product that was orginally formulate for humans but used now predominately in the equine sector (for horses).  The main thing that helps with the hair for human growth is sulfur which MTG has but it STANKS to high heaven.  That's why many women started making their own sulfur versions of MTG without the stank factor.

Miconazole nitrate, an antifungal agent, is used for skin infections such as athlete's foot and jock itch and for vaginal yeast infections.  Miconazole comes in cream, lotion, powder, spray liquid, and spray powder to be applied to the skin.  However, many ladies mix it with other stuff and apply it to the scalp to promote hair growth. 
Miconazole nitrate is the ingrediant in Monistat (yeast infection cream) and NeosporinAF. 

I have never heard of Ting Ting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 8:18pm
okay, MN is what i'm hearing about...about one year ago, someone came on the BHM forum, saying: "I can't believe women resort to this"..and because it seems to yield very good results, everyone is using it..

Well, not everyone..Tongue

Thank you for all of the information...i guess i can't make surge 14 at home, but the Boundless Tresses is good enough..it's only been two months since i've been out of my weave, and i am trying like the dickens to thicken my hair up..

I've been in a weave and cornrows for so long, i wonder if my hair was ever thick to begin with..when i wore it naturally, it was sooo hard to manage..it shrank immediately coming out of the shower...and it's 4c..to boot..

with a very mild texturizer, it's so much easier to work with especially after washing...but it's thinner..my beautician said i would have to wait at least 6 months to a year to let the hair get back to it's old self again..especially after years of "binding it up" in braids, weaves, and what was worse, perms under a net weave..Unhappy

It's shoulder length, with bald sides and bang area from no-lye relaxers  and flat-ironing (to "match" the silky straight weave)..

The sides are coming in very nicely after two months ..(they used to be chin length, now they're nubbles..before that, they were totally slick/bald...

The BT recipe will really be a huge help..thanks again..

Ting Ting is an asian head massager..Asians swear by it to grow their hair..check it out on amazon.com..just do a search on "Ting Ting"..

Edited by femmemuscle - September 01 2007 at 8:20pm
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 3:20pm
well, all i can say is wow about the BT affair.

ideaWe can all make BT and call it ...
Bountiful Tresses/ Boundful Tressesful.... girlpower
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 9:24am
LOL
Hey people do it all the time, why can't we?!!!
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Abimbola Olurin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abimbola Olurin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2008 at 3:55pm
Can I use Sulfur from the Chemistry lab?
Pavane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pavane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 5:49am
where can I order using a credit card
Pavane
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 5:11pm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Can I use Sulfur from the Chemistry lab?
--------------------------------------------------------------

Are you serious!?!

Is this like, ask a ridiculous question dayStern%20Smile

If you're really asking this question, you need to ask what the hell it is that would make you go to these extremes for hair growth.

I don't know how many times I can stress this! We do not need to be going crazy with hair growth methods, this world tells you you need long hair to be beuatiful, and this life is much more important than thatWink

I don't mean to rant, but COME ON! Even in school they say not to smell,taste, or get any of the stuff in chemistry labs on your skin.

Its not that hard, don't lose your natural ability to THINK because of growing hairmonkey

Can a Sistah get a Amen?!?!!?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic