Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

braids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leona24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leona24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: braids
    Posted: May 02 2007 at 7:37pm

Hi,

I have hair that is about a inch and a half past my shoulders. I wanted to get freestyle braids, but I was told that my hair was too long. Can I have freestyle braids without damaging my natural hair? Are there any type of braids that is good for longer hair? I don't think I like individual braids, but I'm not sure. Are they still popular?  I wanted to get it cornrowed in the front and have the freestyle braids in the back. Later I wanted to have the free style braids set on flexi rods.

blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2007 at 10:24am
Hey are free style braids a conrow design? I have APL length hair and I wear medium-small box braids but I use synthetic 18 inch hair....
Hair album
pw:Romeo
Leona24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leona24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2007 at 5:14pm
I think Freestyle is just the term we use down here for micro braids. It's where you braid only a smal portion of the braid hair and leave the rest free.
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 6:40pm
Hey leona I don't get them micro but that is the style I wear...I use a brand called pure exchange :-)
Hair album
pw:Romeo
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 8:35pm
hey Leona,
my opinion is that doing freestyle braids on your hair may not be useful. but i guess it depends on how long you would leave them in. Braids are supposed to be a protective style, where all of your hair is braided into the synthetic hair to proctect it. With freestyle a good portion of your hair may be out and could get damaged while you try to maintain the style. most people i see with freestyle their hair is short so most of their hair is braided in and then the synthetic hair is all that is loose.
but hey, it may work out for you.
http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2007 at 9:42am
That's interesting, I never heard of the term "Freestyle" braids. Since you explained it, it makes sense though.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

shelle93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelle93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2007 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Leona24 Leona24 wrote:

Hi,

I have hair that is about a inch and a half past my shoulders. I wanted to get freestyle braids, but I was told that my hair was too long. Can I have freestyle braids without damaging my natural hair? Are there any type of braids that is good for longer hair? I don't think I like individual braids, but I'm not sure. Are they still popular?  I wanted to get it cornrowed in the front and have the freestyle braids in the back. Later I wanted to have the free style braids set on flexi rods.

I think cornroed in the front and "freestyle" braids in the back sounds like a nice style especially  when you set them on flexi rods.
http://xrl.us/v74g
Urbanplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urbanplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2007 at 10:38am
Leona has a good question. What do you do when ur hair gets too long for extensions and u can't commit to any other style? I know for certain I'm too lazy to do my hair everyday.LOL
I'm in!
Toya411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toya411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 8:22am
i have a question i want micro braids in my hair and i plan on doing it myself buh i dont kno how to put he weave in my hair. do i wrap it around some way?
Toya**
Toya411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toya411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 8:23am
the*
Toya**
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic