Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sweat in hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scrye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sweat in hair...
    Posted: November 06 2001 at 10:56am
Hi...I was wondering just exactly how bad is sweat for your hair...I know that it is salty and therefore i know it would tend to dry it out quickly (but thats why i make sure i keep it well conditioned and put oil in it often.) However i know that sweat is also other impurities other then just salt so i figued that some of those other minerals might be able to harm hair?

I ask this cuz i play DDR a whole lot, and i get extremly sweaty after just like 5 minutes even though i love the feeling of my hair sweaty when playing it, i want to grow it out healthy and i want to know just exactly how bad is it for my hair?

thanx
justin
"Death is all around me, but now I'd rather die then follow mediocrity" Run - Project 86

"Boys think their the bomb, because they remind them of their mom" Barlow Girls - Superchic[k]

justin
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2001 at 9:31pm
I`m a runner and I too sweat profusely after minutes.

You simply HAVE to rinse it out - just water will do - or you can do it with just conditioner. But my experience is that the sweat really breaks down your hair (makes it spongy) and my scalp I don`t even want to think about - I even rinse my hair and face in the middle of a run if I have the chance at water fountains...gabi
Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic