Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Desprate!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Desprate!!!!!
    Posted: May 19 2007 at 11:41am
try a none bleach based color remover.

Like color fix, and see how much of the old dye you can get out.

It may need to be repetead, once it's done you could use brown dye or toner to make the hair a uniform color.
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 6:54am
Originally posted by wonderpia wonderpia wrote:

Ok, here's my story...
My natural hair color is a golden brown...and for the past 3 or 4 years I was dying it black...and I have finally stopped about 4 months ago...

You can imagine how terrible my roots are, but thats not my problem..haha

I'm going to my friends prom on May 23 and I bought clip in hair extensions to wear and they match my natural hair color perfectly...but where the black is still growing out, it of course does not match....My natural color has grown in like 2-4 inches..

I was thinking of ways of how i can make it all blend in and I thought of two ways...
One, dye the the hair extensions (they are real hair) with black lowlights to make it more blendable...
Or
I was thinking this but i dont know if its possible...
I was considering putting bleach on just the part that is black and letting it fade to a lighter shade of black/brown and just putting permenant brown that matches my natural color...But i don't know if that will cause too much damage to my hair (its already pretty dry/brittle from all the dying i used to do...Thats the reason why i stopped...) But if bleaching it then dying it would actually work, I would take the risk of dying it just one more time...
Does anyone know if my second idea is any good and will work out?

help me soon!!!!

EDIT::::

OK. I've been doing some reading on here...
and I'm really intrested in colorfix...
How much damage will it cause my hair?
and if it were to get on my natural hair color (virgin undyed) will it do anything to it?
and when I get the perm. color out, what kind of dye do i put in it? and how long do i have to wait after useing colorfix to put dye in it...
THANKS.

Don't use bleach on the black parts...it will NOT and I repeat NOT lighten it to brown. It will lighten to dark red or red or red orange depending on how long it's on your head. Bleach is quirky it's going to lift in stages. Goto a beauty school if you can't afford a salon and have it color stripped with a professional color remover. From there they can tone it to a brown providing they got all the color out and match it to your natural color.

As far as damaging your hair...who knows....maybe it's already damaged....your not a stylist who can properly evaluate your hair's condition. Having the color stripped out then toned to match your natural is the safest way to do it to your hair vs bleaching. Please take my professional advice as a licensed HairStylist goto a salon or beauty school if you can't afford the salon. You say your hair is brittle and dry it might not be in good enuff condition to safely remove the color and tone it. You might need a deep conditioning treatment or two from a professional salon...(YES THEY ARE FAR SUPERIOR TO WHAT YOU CAN BUY OVER THE COUNTER.LOOK FOR L'ANZA'S 5 STEP DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT ONLY DONE IN SALONS...they cost about $25 each too)

You have far too many questions and lack experience in HairColoring to try this yourself. You could really destroy your hair if you don't know exactly what your doing.....leave it to a professional salon and NO I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT A CHAIN SALON LIKE SUPERCUTS, FANTASTIC SAM'S, OR REGIS..... goto a locally  owned independant salon and ask if they have a Master Colorist on hand who is experienced in corrective color work. As for cost expect to pay $150 or more....it's a difficult job plus the product alone costs at least $25 - $30 including the Color Condition Stripping product (RUSK:ELIM8) and the color to tone and correct the underlying pigment after stripping the black out of the hair.

G'luck
KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2007 at 3:53pm
As far as bleaching just the black....eh, yes you could TRY. I did it when I got lowlights that were WAY too dark. It's time consuming and kind of a pain, but it was successful for me. Now, keep in mind I was going from a chestnut to platinum blonde NOT black to your natural color.

I would think that only a couple of minutes might do the trick, so you wouldn't damage the hair. BUT, I would DEFINITELY try it on an obscure section of your hair first to get the timing down! Use the absolute minimum time necessary!

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 3:49am
"and if it were to get on my natural hair color (virgin undyed) will it do anything to it?"

No.However,black is a very hard color to get out.I'm not sure colorfix will be enough.You will mostly likely have to bleach.
I have never tried to go from black hair to just brown hair,so I cant offer too much advice. I have only gone from black to blonde and ended up with 3 shades of colors white,orange and yellow.
I think you could probably pull it off.

If you do add a brown dye after you bleach it,be sure to add a neutral protein filler.You can get it at Sally's or any Beauty supply store. Trust me,it will help the condition of your hair alot after bleaching!
wonderpia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wonderpia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 6:56pm
Ok, here's my story...
My natural hair color is a golden brown...and for the past 3 or 4 years I was dying it black...and I have finally stopped about 4 months ago...

You can imagine how terrible my roots are, but thats not my problem..haha

I'm going to my friends prom on May 23 and I bought clip in hair extensions to wear and they match my natural hair color perfectly...but where the black is still growing out, it of course does not match....My natural color has grown in like 2-4 inches..

I was thinking of ways of how i can make it all blend in and I thought of two ways...
One, dye the the hair extensions (they are real hair) with black lowlights to make it more blendable...
Or
I was thinking this but i dont know if its possible...
I was considering putting bleach on just the part that is black and letting it fade to a lighter shade of black/brown and just putting permenant brown that matches my natural color...But i don't know if that will cause too much damage to my hair (its already pretty dry/brittle from all the dying i used to do...Thats the reason why i stopped...) But if bleaching it then dying it would actually work, I would take the risk of dying it just one more time...
Does anyone know if my second idea is any good and will work out?

help me soon!!!!

EDIT::::

OK. I've been doing some reading on here...
and I'm really intrested in colorfix...
How much damage will it cause my hair?
and if it were to get on my natural hair color (virgin undyed) will it do anything to it?
and when I get the perm. color out, what kind of dye do i put in it? and how long do i have to wait after useing colorfix to put dye in it...
THANKS.

Edited by wonderpia - May 06 2007 at 7:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic