Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buying chi flat iron on ebay... may be fa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
girlygirl_3933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlygirl_3933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying chi flat iron on ebay... may be fa
    Posted: May 07 2007 at 12:13am
i may have bought my chi flat iron 8 months ago from an ebay seller (claiming it came straight from the factory) but the quality isn't as good as i expected it to be. There were A LOT of raves from this straightener and i thought "okay" i'll give it a go. Saving about 30 bucks from ebay, i decided to purchase on there instead. Now im totally regretting it coz it may be a fake. I mean the quality it gives on my hair SUCKS. I have split ends ALL over now even though im using a heat protectant spray and conditioning it DAILY. I mean a $20 drugstore one would've worked better than this one. 
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 1:54pm
I am sorry to hear that you experienced this problem.

Yes...this is an ongoing problem that has been brought to my attention a number of times via emails from people who have bought "name brand irons" only to discover they were copies.

A few years back a relatively new hot tool vendor attempted to sell HB.com irons that they were supposed to be "name brand irons".  We took delivery and discovered that they were in fact copies.  Bad copies at that.  I tested the irons and was horrified by the damage they could cause to human hair.

We sent them all back to the vendor and after some legal wrangling got all of our money back.  I personally would not sell something that was not authentic under any circomestances.  But not everyone is as reputable or honest. 

The entire experience opened my eyes to what goes on out there.  Please be careful when buying from unknown sources.  Remember...buyer beware....and buy only from reputable firms.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
SugarBlush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarBlush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 9:52am
Originally posted by girlygirl_3933 girlygirl_3933 wrote:

i may have bought my chi flat iron 8 months ago from an ebay seller (claiming it came straight from the factory) but the quality isn't as good as i expected it to be. There were A LOT of raves from this straightener and i thought "okay" i'll give it a go. Saving about 30 bucks from ebay, i decided to purchase on there instead. Now im totally regretting it coz it may be a fake. I mean the quality it gives on my hair SUCKS. I have split ends ALL over now even though im using a heat protectant spray and conditioning it DAILY. I mean a $20 drugstore one would've worked better than this one. 

well, I'm buying a straightening iron too on eBay soon. so can you tell me which one you bought so I can avoid it and buy something else??
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 2:01am
If you decided to buy another one. Please go to Sallies Beauty supply Store.  I just purchase one for my daughther who have very thick natural hair.  It cost me $69.99 on sale.  It is great! I did a lot of researching and notice they were selling for over $100's on line. It is soo HOT.  I have a picture of my daugthers hair on fotki. It does make a 100 percent difference from my $15. dollar flat iron.  Oh, I use castor oil on my daughers hair and it come out even smoother/straigher!  I make sure after adding a heat protector I also seal the hair and ends with caster oil and I coat the hair with oilver oil.  Sorry I didn't take a picture. 

Saturday,%20June%2014
pixel

Edited by jackie23 - June 19 2008 at 2:23am
Where there is a will there is a way

http://public.fotki.com/jackie23/
shelly12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelly12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 3:08am
I'm sorry to hear that.
But  I bought my chi flat iron in www.chioriginaliron.com .
I think the quality is very good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic