Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

short vs long

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
braidalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braidalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: short vs long
    Posted: November 07 2001 at 2:48am
is it true that girls with long get more attentions than gir with short hair and do girls with short hair seem to be more smart tan girls with long hair.
mpls friend looking to talk braids
Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2001 at 7:29am
Reply to message: 21.2913.1
I do not think it is the case. It is rather according to how the hair style you have suits you.
Shery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2001 at 9:07am
I`ve had really long hair most of my life, except 4 years ago while in high school I cut it to my shoulder. And I know I get alot more attention with my hair longer,so glad my hair is almost to my waist again. I think alot of people do perceive woman with short hair as being more serious and intelligent and women with long hair more fun and attractive. I do that myself in regards to men and their hair. Like it or not a person makes a judgement about a person within 30 seconds of meeting them so obviously looks, how a person is dressed, and their hairstyle is how we decide if we want to know more.
Once i know who I`m not then I`ll know who i am. ~alanis morissette~
Jica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2001 at 6:59pm
Reply to message: 21.2915.1
I really don`t care how other people judge me as long as I like how I look. I really don`t think it matters itf you have short or long hair but how you carry yourself and how you act when your making that first impression.
gmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2001 at 8:21am
I think that most girls who have longer hair do get more attention from guys. I know as a guy that I am much more likely to notice a girl with long, flowing hair than one with shorter hair. After all, there is something to catch your attention, her long locks bouncing across her back! :)
gwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2001 at 8:19am
Reply to message: 21.3000.1
Braidalot,

Please believe me when I say that it is the girl with the confidence and the personality who receives the attention. People may take a second look because you have a great hair cut, or because your length defies nature, but it is what lies beneath the hair that keeps them coming back. Do what`s right for you, not what`s right for others, and you will be so much happier for it!
gwatt
tony9999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2001 at 6:00pm
Reply to message: 21.3021.1
I love short haired woman and notice them immediatly, I find nothing sexier than the nape of a woman`s neck... I love woman who are confident enough to change thier look when ever the mood strikes them and I believe women with short hair are more sexy.....
Change is good for the soul and fun to talk about!
Nancy999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nancy999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2001 at 2:22pm
Why do you think that strippers almost always have long, blonde hair?
wozziewoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wozziewoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2001 at 4:47pm
If someone goes to see a stripper & is focusing on her hair, he`s got bigger problems.
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2001 at 6:53pm
is it true that girls with long get more attentions than gir with short hair and do girls with short hair seem to be more smart tan girls with long hair.

Braidalot is your question for real? Lingerie magazine tend to lean toward long hair to make their products sell.
You will always see this long hair woman on a motocycle etc but that is commercial advertising.
I don`t think personally long hair gets more attention. I had as much attention when I had short hair. But come one since when hair had any to do with smarts? Since when our brain cells are in our hair heh???
Tony 9999 you say that women with short hair are more sexy that is what turns you on buddy. Has nothing to do with the woman.
Wozziewoo that is a loaded comment to say that if the hair on the stripper turns the guy more than he had a bigger problem. Then you seem to forget that a lot of men tend to be visual and like to see the whole picture , the tempest etc and that is why when I use to sell lingerie professional as an international rep we were taught in advertising that lingerie are gifts to men. That long hair tends to provoke more in some men etc. That is why Victoria Secret and Frederic of Hollywood makes tons of money. It all about visual.
dianefromcanada
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2002 at 9:21pm
It seems to me that anything which is apart from the norm will attract attention. That doesn`t mean that it is attractive (though it may be!). From what I`ve observed, the vast majority of females (from little girls to elderly women) wear short hair. Thus, long hair will always attract attention.

Please just make sure that the long hair is healthy, clean, and beautiful!

Jennifer
Olivia Chillia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olivia Chillia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 10:15am
I think it depends on the lady`s age and the condition of her hair as well as whether she appears to have taken any trouble to style it.

That said, I think there is an underlying cultural perception that long hair is more feminine and beautiful than short hair. Not everyone agrees with this, but lingerie ads and romantic movies would tend to argue for this perception. I know someone is going to say that Victoria`s Secret is really marketing to men. While that is partly true, they are also selling desirability (to women). Every Victoria`s Secret (or Frederick`s) I`ve ever been in attracted more women than men.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2002 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Nancy999 Nancy999 wrote:

Why do you think that strippers almost always have long, blonde hair?

`cause most of them are dumb as rocks they need long blonde hair (and no clothes) to be noticed. Personally I notice women with sexy style and their hair is only a part of that style.
braidalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braidalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2002 at 10:16am
when does long hair start to be too much of a long hair and start to turn into a thing of just being unsightly and not sexy to the eye (the wist, below the butt, behind the knees,or is it farther than that.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2002 at 3:19pm
While I generally like short hair, there have been a few women that I like with long hair. I find that once the hair goes past the waist it doesn`t look very good to me. It might be healthy hair but just doesn`t look right.
braidalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braidalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2002 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by braidalot braidalot wrote:

when does long hair start to be too much of a long hair and start to turn into a thing of just being unsightly and not sexy to the eye (the wist, below the butt, behind the knees,or is it farther than that.

well i find that most women tries to keep their hair within the upper and lower back, is this the ideal location for hair or is the range shorter or longer.

what does make a hair look healthy is the shine the feel or the smell and which one of these do you feel helps in your hair looking good
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2002 at 12:46pm
I think mid-back is very pretty! I`m trying to get my hair that long.

As far as what makes hair healthy... shine, the smoothness, and the smell, are all important in great hair!

There was a recent survey done in some magazine.. (I can`t remember what it`s called) That most men like longer hair best.
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Damon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2002 at 6:45pm
Have fun with your hair,I say. Who cares what everyone else thinks.The more you feel comfortable with yourself the more confidence that comes out.
And confidence is unexplainably attractive.
braidalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote braidalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2002 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

I think mid-back is very pretty! I'm trying to get my hair that long.

As far as what makes hair healthy... shine, the smoothness, and the smell, are all important in great hair!

There was a recent survey done in some magazine.. (I can't remember what it's called) That most men like longer hair best.

is it easier to take care of long hair or short in the winter months and what do you do to protect it in the cold months, does the snow have anything to do with damaging your hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic