Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help!! hair damage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lady37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help!! hair damage
    Posted: May 08 2007 at 3:09am
I've gone to this salon place for 3x now. Lady1 did my hair the very first time, the second time she was sick & I was recommended to see lady2 (from same salon). Last Sat lady1 did my hair. She told me that lady2 just ruined my hair color. She said she will fix my hair. End of the service she charged me $300 for color correction including the highlights. First, I was not quoted that she would charge me $200 extra. I was in total shock but I had to pay her. Until I got home...I'd felt I was ripped off by this lady1 and the worst part was that she even damage my hair. The roots on top of my head was fried, it's broken off and it's continue to break off everytime I touch it.  I've tried to reach the owner but I haven't gotten any call back. I am planning to go back there tomorrow. To get my money back but I'm not sure if that is possible.  Please I need any possible ideas  of what to do.

Edited by lady37 - May 08 2007 at 3:10am
K33K331 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K33K331 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2007 at 4:30pm

FOR ONE THE FIRST MISTAKE YOU MADE WAS PUTTING COLOR IN YOU HAIR THE BEST THING TO DO IS GET SOME DOGRO OR GET SOME SHAMPOO THAT FIXES FRAGILE DAMAGED HAIR AND KEEP YOUR HAIR IN A PONY TAIL AND IT WILL EVENTUALLY GROW BACK AND UNTIL YOU GET YOUR HAIR BACK THE WAY YOU WANT IF IT IS REALLY FALLING OUT I WOULD GET SOME TRACKS IN TO GIVE IT A FULL LOOK UNTIL IT I FULL AND HEALTHY AGAIN TRACKS WILL NOT DAMAGE YOU HAIR JUST ASK THE HAIRSTORE AND MAKE SURE YOU GET A SAFE GLUE THAT WILL NOT SEND STRONG FUESES TO YOUR HAIR AND IT WILL BE OK!!!

amirasmami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amirasmami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 8:39pm
Whoa....sorry to hear that.  That's rough.  Keep trying the owner, they should compensate you somehow.  God speed with that.
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 8:47pm
Oh wow!  I'm so sorry to hear about this!  I know it's been a little while since this happened so I'm wondering how it turned out?  I hope you reached the owner and that they did something to compensate you!  That's absolutely ridiculous! 
gabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 9:29am
oh,I am sorry to hear that,use something to repair them
handbag collection: http://www.lottu.cn
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 6:24pm
 you need to do protein treatment  it will stop the breaking and spliting of your hair  i perosnaly love nexxus emergency can be found at walmart and beauty stores and grocery stores as well it is $13 a box in MD. any way  put it on your hair but leave it on for 20 mins   with shower cap and wrap head in warm towel , then rinse follow up with good deep condtioner, i like neutragnea triple moisture hair masque in a jar $6 found at any store hair care isle.
the protien treament WILL make you hair like straw so you must use a condtioner afterwards.
 do one protien treatment once a week for 4 weeks then once a month after that.
 you will notice the breaking and sheding will stop almost imedantly

i have been there and done that
i actually  cut my hair real short b/c i just got tired of dealing with all the  nasty poofy  frizz hair

good luck!
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2011 at 4:10pm
I'm so sorry that happened to you.  Try Cholestrol Deep Conditioning Cream, protein treatments, and hot oil treatments twice a month.  Stay away from the blow dryer.  Or, if you have to use heat on your hair like the blow dryer or flat iron use heat protectant spray like from Treseme.

Edited by Dark40 - March 02 2011 at 4:11pm
Shannon D. Bax
Veer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 7:47am
oh,I am sorry to hear that,use something to repair them.
justaskkay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justaskkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 2:37pm
protein conditioner is a way to strengthen damaged hair until it grows back..this post is older but help is always current .hope this helps others who may view this post

working in salons for years....
if its a chain salon(J.C.Penny's, etc )you have a better chance of getting some of your $$$ back if its  private owned they be may be willing to work out a deal where they will treat your hair at a discount price to you but they would need to feel like they caused the problem be persistent keep calling keep calling. or take them to court

Edited by justaskkay - May 02 2011 at 2:38pm
MelissaRoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelissaRoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2011 at 9:10pm
I would like to share the same experience I had with a salon. My 15-year old niece had her hair "rebonded." She had a wavy her, so we opted that maybe she can sport a long straight hair - hence, the rebonding. A day after, it turned out that there were still a few "waves" at the roots of her hair. It did not look right. So, we complained to the salon. Instead, of being sorry for the imperfection they had made, they even blamed the hair of my niece. They said that her hair could not "consume" the chemicals used so that she could have a long straight her. According to them, they did the right procedures, but the hair of my niece did not just "accepted" the treatment. Oh! It was so frustrating that we went and asked for the manager. They did refund us, but it was so frustrating. My niece was also very disappointed that she even went point of thinking to wear wigs for the meantime...until she can get her long straight her. Unfortunately, it took more than two months before she could have another rebond treatment.
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 1:27am
Okay that was too bad for you. If ever I am in your shoe I would not go back to the salon anymore.
farla21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farla21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 9:55am
the damage is done, u can't get your money back. what you need to do is treat your damage hair. you just have to apply Volumizing Shampoo on your hair daily. it is designed to fight free radicals that damage and weaken hair. the results are thicker, healthier, more beautiful hair. it also has Protein + Vitamin B12 and
Biotin Enhanced which gives hair volume and greater strength and flexibility.

Edited by farla21 - September 08 2011 at 9:57am
jacksonrobert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksonrobert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 10:38am
In my opinion I will say that hair damage can be done from many things.So,to control the hair fall one should take care of their health & hair.The person should take a proper diet to control all this.

Edited by jacksonrobert - September 19 2011 at 1:30pm
jamesajack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesajack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 12:23pm
Following are the ways to reduce hair damage :Apply oil regularly. Comb out hair regularly.Protect hair from pollution and sun.Avoid exposing hair while there is hot and chilled sun.

Edited by Administrator - February 20 2012 at 9:35am
crystaljohan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystaljohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 6:42am
In my opinion I will say that hair damage can be done from many things.So,to control the hair fall one should take care of their health & hair.The person should take a proper diet to control all this.
ratcandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratcandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 8:09am
Hair damage can be done from many things.So,to control the hair fall one should take care of their health & hair.The person should take a proper diet to control all this.
dlcombs8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlcombs8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2011 at 6:51am
after using itip and utip bonds I sustained hair loss, thinning and breaking. I wanted thicker longer hair but after doing these kinds of hair extension installs I actually had shorter thinner hair. i heard about tape in extensions and so tried this since they are purported to be safer for people with thin fine hair. they worked! Whaoo! They don't pull or tug on my own hair and installing them and removing them does not stress my own hair. PLUS I can still use extensions to add lenght and volume. I make my own tape in hair extensions. I am doing a new blog article this weekend to describe the process and the install.

Edited by dlcombs8 - November 05 2011 at 6:55am
Cheers!
Dawn Combs
www.myhouseofhairextensions.com
andrisscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrisscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 8:03am
michaelfranti76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelfranti76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2011 at 7:52am
 Try Cholestrol Deep Conditioning Cream and protein treatments and it should be okay pretty fast. Too bat that you paid them to ruin your hair.
priustoyota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priustoyota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2012 at 11:37am
I want to say that people should take care of hair as it is also important thing or part of the body.I suggests that people should not use local products or soap because by this there will might be some problem or reaction can take place.I hope you will see to this seriously.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic