Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bangs for curly hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KDS7283 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDS7283 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bangs for curly hair
    Posted: July 27 2007 at 9:32pm
I keep my hair medium length and have to wear my hair in a pony tail every day for work. I have never had a problem pulling it back.
trenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 9:07pm
Somewhere I read not to let them go below your earlobe. Probably good advice. Easier to curl them shorter with a curling iron or to cut them shorter than to correct them if they're too short. Mine are too short. They make silly little flips and 'horns'. I use a small barrel curling iron to give them direction but then they don't blend with the rest of my hair. Good luck. OH...Can you please tell me how your 'angle cut' from chin to back works if you try to tie your hair back? I'm considering something like that...Want a lift in the front but no layers in back, but I'm afraid to have too much that won't go in a ponytail.
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Now I wear my bangs side swept and use a round brush to keep the waves at bay.    Do you use any type of brush while blow drying or just use the iron to keep them straight?

I always let all my hair air-dry.  Sometimes I tuck my bangs behind my ears (if they're long enough) while it dries.  I just let them dry however.  When I'm ready to style them, I pull them all forward and run the curling iron down them (a flat iron makes them too straight and flat) a couple times and them shove them over to the side.  Real simple.  I really hate blowdryers, I never actually learned how to use them because it was just too much of a pain for me. lol
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 1:58pm
This reminds me of years ago when I wore straight across bangs and in the summer my waves and curls would go crazy and I would have this giant wave on my forehead.  I used to Scotch tape them to my forehead while they were still damp and then blow dry them.

Have you ever tried this?  It actually worked but was a pain in the butt.

Now I wear my bangs side swept and use a round brush to keep the waves at bay.    Do you use any type of brush while blow drying or just use the iron to keep them straight?
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2007 at 7:55pm
I do the side-swept bangs thing.  (I cut them myself, but I find that alot of people aren't brave/confident enough to do that)  I keep them usually between nose and chin length, kinda layered.  I straighten them by running a curling iron down them.  It's no problem at all to wear them curly and hanging around my face or pushed back with the rest of my hair.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
KDS7283 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDS7283 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2007 at 12:22am
I'd like to get bangs but I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I have brown, long curly hair. It's not ultra curly but is way more than wavy. I have an oval face. Right now I get the hair around my face cut at an angle from just above my chin down. However I'd like to do a shorter bang, something closer to just below my eyes. I'd like to be able to do a side sweeping bang but one that would part any way if possible. Plus I'd like to be able to wear it natural (just get out of the shower and go) without it looking weird. Any suggestions on how I should get it cut?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic