Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Training a 1 yr old boys hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Training a 1 yr old boys hair
    Posted: June 01 2007 at 2:45pm
How am I spamin?
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 10:50am
Originally posted by 25cent 25cent wrote:

What are you trying to say tsoh my fault niccaAngry
he sayin stop spamin
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 7:39am
aLL i gotta say is brush wit a softy and continue doing that till he can brush alone by that time u would have trained his hair pretty good..btu u know hes gonan have them rascal years and then maybe be a pretty boy 
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 3:56pm
What are you trying to say tsoh my fault niccaAngry
sweet4candie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet4candie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 1:57pm
Thanks, I will check it out.
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 9:59am
here is one of the reviews:

Product%20Rating:%205 Wonderful Hold
Reviewer: Anonymous   Wed Feb 14 2007

This product did wonders for our children's hair. It was not sticky, however you only need a little dab, and held their hair right in place. I would recommend it for people with hair that tends to stick up in areas as it seemed to really calm it down.

SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 9:56am
hey.. if you're looking for good products for kids that are all natural and  have no harsh chemicals, go to www.folica.com and search for a brand called Little Sprouts.. they have great reviews and will probably help a lot. I know they have gel and mousse that aren't harsh for a baby's head. I would definitely check them out.

edit: actually, here is a direct link.. this stuff should be ideal

Edited by SilkStrands - May 25 2007 at 9:58am
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 12:57pm
ok that sounds great. i'm glad that everythings working for him!

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet4candie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 7:18am
His soft spots are closed. Most soft spots close by one years old. The doctors made sure they were closed before he got his first hair cut.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet4candie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 7:15am
I'm not trying to get my son waves. I was trying to train my sons hair to lay down. After I got my son's mini bush cut, his hair was sticking up in the air and it would not lay down even after I put olive oil cream and brushed it with a soft brush. So, I took you all advice and bought moisturizer and so far it has worked. He got his second hair cut and it's much better. Most of it is laying down, I just have to work on the sides. Thanks for the info guys.
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 9:41pm
IMO, i'd let him be

300 degreez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300 degreez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 9:12pm
i wouldnt tho cause babys got soft scalps and it will hurt to brush it u should get 1 of them brushes for babys and go slow and get like a detangler for kids or babys
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2007 at 8:20pm
you can brush his hair but just to keep it neat.
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2007 at 8:20am
Originally posted by King Cash King Cash wrote:

Brushin his hair with even a soft brush at his current age will probably bruise his scalp

A soft brush is alright if you do not apply excess pressure.
DUB-C
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 7:31pm
I had that mixed guys curly hair when I was a baby.

Edited by 25cent - May 17 2007 at 7:32pm
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 3:25pm
yep...just let him have his baby hair 4 now and wait til he's old enough to brush his own hair. Brushin his hair with even a soft brush at his current age will probably bruise his scalp (it takes a lot of brushin to get waves especially with a soft brush). And a stocking cap isn't a good idea for a baby.
If its tight enough to stay on his head all night then its probably tight enough to limit the blood flow to his brain which may cause defects. So just let him be a baby and get waves later 

SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 2:59pm
I wouldnt even bother trying to get your son waves yet, he still has that "baby hair" hairline. Until that grows in fully dont bother with the waves or durag for now just keep his hair moisturized ^^ with a moisturizer aimed at kids I think pink lotion should work.
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 1:14pm
Yea do that...just make sure that the products u get are "for kids."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet4candie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 8:59am
Okay thanks. Maybe I will do a search on moisturizer for kids
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 7:45am
I would use a soft brush and a moisturizer designed for kids/infants to help train his hair to lay down.  Don't worry about stocking caps or durags until he becomes old enough to leave them on.
DUB-C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic