Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OVERprocessed hair over the weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1979.brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1979.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OVERprocessed hair over the weekend
    Posted: May 22 2007 at 11:12pm
Hi. I'm new to hairboutique.com.  I'm going to see my stylist tomorrow for a trim and am hoping she can give me some advice on the damage I did to my hair this weekend.  First, I feel like an idiot since I like my hair.  The only thing I wanted to do was lighten it a bit.  My natural hair color is dark brown.  I had deep red and blonde highlight which I liked, but did not get them touched up for atleast 4 months.  So, I decided to color my hair light brown.  It turned out fine, but it looked a little mousy.  2 days later I decided to try Loreal's frost and glow to add dimension.  Big mistake!  Although the highlights turned out even, they were too blonde for me.  So, that same night I colored my hair Loreal's light amber brown.  It turned out OK. It covered my blonde highlights.  However, after washing my hair two nights in a row the color (a reddish brown) is getting lighter, which scares me.  It also looks quite brassy, which I don't like at all.  I have called Loreal and they told me to use Light Brown on my hair.  I talked to my hair dresser over the phone and she said to not use a permanent color on my hair again.  She said it would be too harsh on it.  Since I'm going to see her tomorrow, I'm sure she'll help me out.  Does anyone have any advice on how I can help repair my hair????  I can already tell that some of my ends are breaking a bit...but I don't know if that is from coloring it or just from not having it trimmed in a while.  I'm thinking it's a bit of both.  HELP. 
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 7:44am
Just wait until you see her, don't do anything before then.  If you use heavy silicone products (conditioners) now it could interfere with any color she puts on, so you may as well just let her fix it, trim it if it needs it, and do a conditioning treatment afterwards.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1979.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 9:10am
I put a deep conditioner on it and it seems to help.  I'm excited to get my hair cut and see what she says about the color.  The brassiness seems more muted today.  I would like to see if she can put a toner on it.  But, we'll see. Thanks for your advice.
lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 8:45am
so, what finally did end up happening to your hair?  i have done things like you did and would think, my hair looked great, why did i do this terrible thing?  did it end up alright?  i found a great product, you can get it off the internet, redken shades eq....it looks like a permenant color but is demi and conditioning and makes your hair shine like mad.  hope your hair did turn out ok....i know how you felt.
happy coloring

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1979.brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 5:12pm
I ended up coloring over it with a semi perm. med. brown per my hair stylist.  It looked really good when I colored it, but has since lightened a little, but I still like it.  I've been using Biosilk shampoo, conditioner and silk therapy and it and it feels great.  I have a few split ends, but nothing to worry about.  I'll never do that again!!!!  I'll have to dry Redkin Shades one day.  That sounds a lot safer.  :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic