Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help!!! Orange and Pink hair - Want ash blonde!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help!!! Orange and Pink hair - Want ash blonde!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gemmzylou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemmzylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!!! Orange and Pink hair - Want ash blonde!!
    Posted: May 23 2007 at 9:05am
Hi,
Well let me tell you a bit about my hair. Im naturally a light ash blonde (im porcelain skinned and blue eyed). I bleached my hair about three times and got to a lovely white platinum colour. I have very thick curly hair and it was very dry and straw like but with lots of tlc it was fine. Then i put pink streaks over the white. After about 2 months the pink wasnt fading (thanks SFX :/) and so i dyed over it a dark brown. I was stil left with purple streaks though. I wanted to go back to a nice light ash blonde close to my natural colour, so i bleached my hair and coloured it with a box that was a shade lighter than i wanted but its turned out horrible. ive got yellow roots, orangey gold hair, with pinky red streaks. it makes me look sickly and i really want a nice blonde colour. My hair has been bleached 4 times now and is dry, but not falling out or anything. I dont have any money to go to a salon so whats the best thing to do? Bleach the streaks and then try dying it a diff colour? Or another all over bleach?
Thanks for your help!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 9:00am
First I'm not a pro.  Second,  No! Don't bleach again!  There is really no need and the damage will eventually hit a point where your hair starts to break off in clumps.  Don't risk it, try to do as little to your hair as you can.  Ideally, you should go to a salon and ask them to colorfix it and put a good color over that.  If you really can't afford to go to a salon, you can try to do it yourself. 

I'm not sure why your hair went orange after you bleached it the 4th time and then dyed it ash blonde?  You must not have bleached it all the way to yellow, right? 

Anyway, I think the pink stayed in your hair because it was bleached and very porous.  Often this makes dyes slide right off, but apparently not all types of dye. 

Get some "one 'n only Colorfix" at a beauty supply shop.  It has peroxide in it, but its not that much and its far safer than bleach.  It will turn your hair light orange to yellow...if it comes out orange, do it again on any orange parts until all of your hair is yellow.  If this doesn't lift the pink out, I'm not sure what will.  Maybe someone else knows.  After all your hair is yellow, you would then choose a shade of ash blonde.  If you get it at a beauty supply shop, choose one with a violet base.  I'd recommend that since you don't know what bases are in boxed color from the drug store, and you will definitely need one with a violet base to counter the yellow that your hair will be at that point.  Since you are going for a light ash blonde, chose one that is one shade darker than the shade you want to end up with because your hair is very porous and it will be light, so your hair will come out lighter than the shade on the swatch. 

Test strand everything!  This is very important because you don't know how any of this stuff will react to the pink color and to your hair which is very damaged from all the bleach. You will need to do 2 test strands, one on the pink hair and one of the regular hair for EVERY step.  If ANY of the steps of the test strand make your hair break off, do NOTHING.  You will need the advice of a pro at that point.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic