Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updated pics---Wolfing and having PROBLEMS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 5:41pm
but u dont want to go ova ya limit cuz next thing ya know ya waveless
THE KEY TO 360'S IS TO BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Shockwave Shockwave wrote:

wnd that's what i'm afarid might happen to my right side. I'm going for 5 weeks next time. After that i go to 6 weeks but i think thats my true limit.

What are you afraid might happen to your right side?

Edited by wave connection - May 25 2007 at 5:41pm
DUB-C
Shockwave View Drop Down

360 Veteran/Most Improved Playa '07

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shockwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 5:43pm
Check this topic and i meant my left.

Aka Doc Shock
Tru Texan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tru Texan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 9:42pm
Got a cut today and I posted new pics on a new thread..
Aristogeiton96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aristogeiton96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2019 at 9:02pm
Just wanted to "up" this thread (about 12 years too late, but I think the information is useful), because I had the same problem as the OP, with the same hair texture, and dealt with the same frustration. 

Part of the issue with the hair "balling up" alongside the waves, has to do with "overcurling" and part of it has to do with the way the hair is trained as you're "wolfing." 

For me, a coarse-haired waver with 4C hair that gets dry really easily and has "low porosity" (meaning it has a hard time getting moisturized and staying moisturized), I'm dealing with a lot of issues that make waving more difficult just outside of brushing and compression. 

The key to getting rid of this is three-fold: (1) a lot of combing, hard brushing, followed by medium brushing, followed by soft brushing; (2) a lot of compression; (3) and a new washing and conditioning method. 

I've found that combing the hair backward, (like 15 strokes in each direction), then combing it forward (like 20 strokes in each direction), followed by 50 hard, 50 medium, and 50 soft brush strokes, while slightly damp or recently moisturized, really does the trick for breaking up the little balls of hair that are ruining my connections and my waves as a whole. 

The same is true of washing: use the wash-and-style method that is advertised by 360Jeezy, SirCruse, PoppyBlasted, etc. on Youtube. A full brush session while washing and conditioning your hair is vital to getting it to train to lay down properly, and keep it from balling intro course twists on your head. 

Using double compression as well (a wave cap + durag), is also key, and the movement from sleeping in one alone, especially when your hair is coarse, can ruin a lot of your progress. 

Consistency is also important; having a full brush session and at least half of another brush session per day, everyday, is the only way to keep up the training at least during your first wolf session. 

I was able to fix the forks in my hair, break up the coarse hair, and get closer to perfecting my waves by using the above method. Hopefully if anyone comes across this page, by chance, they'll note this. I couldn't find any forum posts or Youtube videos concerning this, so I thought I'd post about it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic