Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Update Wolfin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 5:34pm
hmm thanks interestin... and lol ur right i use a soft brush most of the time
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 5:35pm
o and i read some of ur how 2 get waves book from a friend.... a while back
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 5:40pm
and the reason my waves look so compact is becuz i havent use a hard brush all wolfin period so its not as spaced out

Edited by BIG- - May 26 2007 at 5:40pm
Ant Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Davo Davo wrote:

Does that product have petrolatum in it?

No petroleum what so ever. Sometimes companies try to switch it up and say petrolatum, it's the same thing. Mineral oil, petrolatum/petrolatum and paraffin wax are all the same thing, thats why I use none of them.

Sorry to break some of you guys heart but those ingredients are in Lets Jam.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100649&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod2953941#ingredient
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 5:45pm

so wuts in ur pomade?

Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 5:49pm
I don't use Let's Jam. I personally don't like the name of it. That's right I'm biased. Evil%20Smile

Besides, I use CC so much, the smell has grown on me. It smells like citrus or something. Also, it keeps my hair from being ridiculously shiny.

Edited by Davo - May 26 2007 at 5:51pm
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Davo Davo wrote:

Originally posted by BIG- BIG- wrote:

JUST CUZ IM A MOD DOESNT MEAN YOU CANT CONSTRUCTIVELY CRTIQUE MY WAVES

I AIN'T NEVA SCARED! Angry

You just need to keep on wolfin' and brushin'. Also, those camera angles could use a little work. Back to topic, your waves still need the work but you know what to do, and if you don't: READ PREVIOUS POST!!!
I'm waiting to see you with a cut. I think everyone of your updates have been of you wolfin'.
cuz i never took pics in sunlight.. and my pics looked better when my hair was longer.. but ima do all my pics outside and ill post em when i get a cut
Ant Green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by BIG- BIG- wrote:

so wuts in ur pomade?

Austrilian bee wax, jojoba oil, shea butter, some Meagen Good some Jessica Alba, a lil olschool Halle Berry with just a lil touch of Christina Milian and a whole lot of Serina Williams.
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:19pm
so she shea butter-is for texture wise,the jojoba oil is for shine, and the  bee's wax is for hold?
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:22pm
The only way I see products with petrolatum in them being hard to wash out is if you use to much. I've used products with petrolatum in them and when I washed my hair that stuff came out with no problem.

Also, I heard that Dawn is really tough against grease. So if shampoo doesn't work you can try that.
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Three-Six-Oh! Three-Six-Oh! wrote:

Mineral oil isnt as bad. From what Ive experienced, productswith petrolatum have a harder time washing out.Mineral oil is just liquid petroleum. It gives you all of the benefitsof petrolatum and none of the drawbacks (i.e. tough to wash out)because its not in its solid form.Solid petroleum is what I hate and Im trying not to go near.I don't use Lets Jam either. I know petrolatum is in most gels though.I only use gels that have mineral oil instead of petroleum.They have to have vitamins and nutrients for the hair and most importantly no-alcohol.(Because of this I call em "Eco Gels" )Im guilty of using products with petroleum though. Who isnt?What I won't do is put a pure crapload of it on my head.Its pretty much impossible to stray 100% from petroleum because its so common in hairproducts. (Its even alil bit in carrot cholesterol)It has become what corn syrup is to food...ITS IN EVERYTHING!All you can try to do is use minimal amounts.

I Felt u fam pretrolatum "GREASE" is so hard to wash out ecspecalilly Murrays omg that stuff takes super-man to wash out of ya head
THE KEY TO 360'S IS TO BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gvyll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gvyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:28pm

Davo if u really look at ur waves they look like they could cut somebody

cant explsin it they look so sharp literary

Edited by Gvyll - May 26 2007 at 6:29pm
<a href="http://imageshack.us">
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:45pm

usually takes at least 2 washes to get that stuff COMPLETELY out.

That's probably why I never have a problem with getting that stuff out of my hair. I always shampoo twice whenever I wash my hair. Plus I scrub all over my scalp. I'm not scared to go atg.
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Gvyll Gvyll wrote:

Davo if u really look at ur waves they look like they could cut somebody

cant explsin it they look so sharp literary

You know, when I look straight in the mirror my waves look as if they have vanished. Then when I grab a mirror or take a pic, I'm like my eyes are very deceiving.

Edited by Davo - May 26 2007 at 6:56pm
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:50pm
so u use "GREASE" davo? but yea yo waves be bustin fam!
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Ice-Man Ice-Man wrote:

so u use "GREASE" davo? but yea yo waves be bustin fam!

The only "GREASE" or product that has petrolatum in it that I use is Doo Gro Mega Thick. Besides that it's always CC.

I would say:
CC-95% of the time and Doo Gro-5% of the time.
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:54pm

Even though it may feel like its out its still in your hair.It forms a vert tight seal around your hair and trust me itusually takes at least 2 washes to get that stuff COMPLETELY out.You can feel the difference when its COMPLETELY off of your hair.You don't usually get that feelin wit just one wash.

yea mo like 5 washes but i think its the different types of pomade u use to becua to me if i use 360 waves "GREASE" then it takes about 1 wash but wen i use murrays omg i hate that brand and sportin waves it at leasty takes about 5 times to get out but that Murrays
Gvyll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gvyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:54pm
dAVO UR RIGHT N LEFT LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
<a href="http://imageshack.us">
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:58pm
yea Davo i use to use that doo gro stuff but it wasnt workin for me becuz wateva is in the stuff make ya hair grow quicker and my hair grows quick already so rite now i only use CC and Lets Jam i dont use the jam aot only for going to skool or special ocassions but pomades can cause acne i hear becuz i can clog the pores or suntin and leave ya face spotty in da morning or wit pimpiles
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2007 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Gvyll Gvyll wrote:

dAVO UR RIGHT N LEFT LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

I like to call that "A Tale of Two Sides" LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic