Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Andre Talks Hair: Curly Hair Classic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andre Talks Hair: Curly Hair Classic
    Posted: May 27 2007 at 10:58am

Andre Talks Hair

Andre Talks Hair

by Andre Walker, Teresa Wiltz

(With a special introduction by Oprah Winfrey)

Andre Walker has achieved a special and long term professional hair care relationship with Oprah with spectacular results.

Andre wooed Oprah with flowers in order to get the opportunity to work on her hair. The results of that first consultation is discussed at length in this book along with some stunning photographs of Oprah's hair. There are several other photos of real life examples besides Oprah. Andre honored all types of hair in his selection of photographic examples.

I almost enjoyed looking at the photos of the beautiful hair as much as I enjoyed learning Andre's unique system of hair care

Andre has a system of hair care based on four basic hair types. These types include Straight, Wavy, Curly and Kinky. Andre takes each category a step further by discussing subcategories within each of the four hair types.

After Andre explains all the characteristics of all categories of hair type, he explains how to shampoo, condition, dry, curl and style each type. Andre also covers use of hair chemical, the special needs of gray hair and how to grow your hair out from a short do or perm. I also enjoyed Andre's personal homecare remedies and Chapter 7 which addresses specific damage control for the hair.

This book is totally focused on hair care and only briefly mentions other beauty topics. I was very impressed with the wealth of hair information packed into over 200 pages of beautifully presented text.

If you are a fan of Oprah Winfrey this book is a must. I highly recommend this book.

Karen Shelton
Book Reviewer
HairBoutique.com

Hardcover: 208 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster (May 2, 1997)
ISBN: 0684824566
Send this page to a friend

Edited by carrie - May 27 2007 at 11:02am
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
HAIRpros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAIRpros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2010 at 1:48pm
Awesome. I always wondered who did Oprah's hair. He works wonders, her hair is amazing.
rebacca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 6:07am
Oprah recently had Andre on her very last Favorite Things show.  In fact, she introduced him as her longtime hairdresser and talked about the products he always uses in her hair.

It is expected that Andre will move to California with Oprah when she goes off to do her OWN TV network in 2011. 

Can you blame her?  Who lets go of a great hairdresser?
rebacca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 6:26am
PS....
Has anyone tried Andre's new hair care line?  Supposedly it is for all types of hair from curly to straight but I think it is only sold on the Home Shopping Network or QVC.  Can't remember which one but its one of the home networks.
imane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2014 at 9:56am
I loved this book!! It really helped me learn about my kinky/african american hair type and it helped me to learn about other hair types and to see that no matter what type of hair you have it can be beautiful as long as it's healthy and you take care of it. I also like how he did not lump all races together - that was very refreshing. The only thing that disturbed me was that it said black hair can't get long, but other than that it was a great book. Thank you for this book Andre! 

Edited by imane - August 13 2015 at 5:54pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic