Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Miss Tanzania

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miss Tanzania
    Posted: May 28 2007 at 6:38pm

Not sure where to post this; she's not a celebrity really, but the pageant is somewhat of a "reality" type thing.  I was looking at the Miss Universe site trying to decide if I wanted to watch the pageant or watch reruns tonight and came across Miss Tanzania:

Yes, she's bald.  To my knowledge, the first bald contestant.  I might watch to see just how far she makes it in the competition. 

There are only four girls, including Miss Tanzania, with shoulder length or shorter hair and they are all black.  Everyone else has long hair.  My vote would go to either Miss Venezula, Miss Greece, or Miss South Africa.
HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 2:05pm
Most of these pagents only have long hair contestants.  Does anyone know if they have a rule against hair extensions?
Back to Ms. Tanzania, I think she is beautiful because of her face and bold move to appear that way.
Do you think the lack of hair (in a long hair contest) had any negative effects from the judges?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 5:52pm
Thanks for the heads-up on the pagent, Hawg.  I happened to read your initial post here shortly after the start of the broadcast, and turned on my TV right away.

I think she did very well.  She finished in the top 10.  She had a very pretty face (although, as you can imagine, would to me have looked even more pretty adorned with some hair).

No idea if there are any rules against hair extensions, but if I were to hazard a guess, I'd guess that there are not.

I don't think it was a long hair contest, it was a beauty pageant.  I don't think her lack of hair adversely (or, for that matter, positively) affected her placement.  Finishing in the top 10 out of 77 is doing very well... there were loads of gorgeous women who didn't even make the top 15.

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 8:23pm
Miss Japan ended up winning followed by Brazil, Venezula (my pre-pageant pick), Korea, and USA (who slipped and fell on her bum during the evening gown competition).   Lots of great hair and even the lack thereof.
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic