Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not so healthy but fast dieting.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KinkyKitty187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinkyKitty187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not so healthy but fast dieting.
    Posted: May 29 2007 at 8:25am
Right Im going on holidays on the 16th of June and I would like to lose sum weight. I was on slimfast for a couple of weeks and it didnt seem 2 do anything. I think its because I dont eat that much to begin with but If I see a nice bun or cake I home in2 it, so I dont think im lowering my calorie allowence enough. Im a size 12 and I bought sum bikinis for Tunisia but I dont feel as confident as I would like.

So my plan is to eat 1 healthy meal I day and like a yogurt for the other 2, plus loads of water and exercise.

So this wudnt send me in2 starvation mode wud it? Any ideas on this or is it just wishful thinking and Im just wasting my time?
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 1:46pm
How much do you wan to lose?
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinkyKitty187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 2:11pm

Well 10lb wud b nice but I doubt I can do that in so little time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinkyKitty187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 2:12pm
12 UK size but the way! Which wud b a US 8 I think
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 2:51pm
would that be about 10 to 20 pounds?
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinkyKitty187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 2:54pm
Yea about that.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 4:07pm
  Atkins has a fat fast that I've used before. You can only do it 3 days, I think, at a time because it's NO carbs and prolonged periods of no carbs could be dangerous. I've done it longer but I had to give you the warning.
    The first time I did it I ate only creamy tuna w/ mayo (no bread) and lost about 10 pounds in a week and kept it off. It's really just high protein, high fat so any meat would do.  I wound up switching to different types of protein to break the monotony. I would almost start crying when I scooped up that spoon of tuna I'd had so much of itLOL
    I also would add low carb veggies for snacks but not many and would eat a couple of small salads with my own mayo,seasonings and vinegar, as much dressing as I wanted because it's high fat to keep from going insaneLOL.
  Why it works? Your body burns carbs first, then fat, then muscle (not good). By eliminating the carbs your body burns it's reserve of carbs. Since you won't be replenishing the carbs your body only has it's fat to burn for energy as long as you have enough fat you won't get into burning muscle which would take a lot to do anyway.
 If this is something you'd like to do go to www.atkins.com and search fat fast. If you can't find it I'll see if I can find my book and give you their suggestions or you can buy the book or get it from the library.
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinkyKitty187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 5:45pm

Ive just read up on it on google and it sounds like it cud work for me so I might give it a try. There used 2 b the atkins kit lying about my house but it possibly be threw out now so could you gimme sum ideas of wot 2 eat? Read there on sum site they were eating whipped cream for breakfast?

Could you tell me just sum simple things 2 eat and Il try it for a couple of days.

Thanx so much for the help. I used to be diet and health mad and always lost weight but now my sticky fingers cant help fiddling at the biscuit barrel.

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 10:56pm
   Biscuit barrel? Is that the same as our cookie jar?Big%20smile
  This is how I remember what I can and can't have. White ain't right And nothing sweet may I eat. I think you have to restrict your calories for the 5 days to 1000 a day.
 Of course the mayo and berries are exceptions but that's about it.
    During that fat fast you can have any kind of meat and shellfish and eggs.  As much mayo and butter as you like. You don't have to cut the fat off of your meat or take the skin off of your poultry. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EAT A LOT OF FAT. It just causes rapid weight loss but you can still lose a lot of weight if want to cut the fat off of your food.
   Diet drinks and water(plenty of it) only including tea and coffee with artificial sweetners. Crystal light is good and Splenda too. You can have unsweetned whip cream. Green veggies and other veggies at a minimum. Salads with the dressing I  described above or something similar.
    Hard candy didn't affect my weight loss but you may decide not to risk it.
 You can monitor your progress using the urine keto stix for low carb dieters in the diet section of your pharmacy. I personally prefer the one diabetics use by Bayer in the diabetic supply section.
  Atkin's Accel is excellent. It jump starts my fat burning and gives me energy.
   You really should buy the book or get it from the library. It helps to have it with you at all times because you can't help but forget some things, it's so much info. If you really don't want to buy it I believe you can go to www.atkins.com to find more info on it. I'm starting tomorrow. We can do it together if you want. I have PCOS so I can't do it as strictly as you can but we can do it together if you like.
ALL EYES ON ME

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinkyKitty187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 8:22am
Im gona start it 2moro coz I didnt have time to buy the stuff yesterday. Really hope this works coz ive been on a permenant diet for the last 2 months and its getting closer and closer to my holidays and I think Ive actually put weight on :(

The time difference is really confusing me lol I duno if its 2day ur starting or not lol. If you've already started let me kno wot ur eating so I can follow :)

Ive got the we keto stix in the house sumwhere and I'll have a hunt around for the book.
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2007 at 3:01pm
look at the first five ingredients in slim fast, sugar sugar sugar, if I am going to have sugar I may as well have something really sinful.......
dont mean to be a smarty britchesLOL I have struggled with food and weight before myself.

Just be mindful that all that glitters aint gold.
A coworkrt did the atkins meat meat meat thing she said as soon as she stopped and tried to taper in some other products the weight came back like gang busters.

I hope you reach your goals..optimal health and wellness while looking fantastic!!!Clap.

.keep us posted.

slp

Edited by Anomis - June 02 2007 at 3:05pm
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 11:21pm
Yeap Anomis is right!!!

I did Atkins and did loose the weight, but as soon as I stoped it, the weight came back with a vengance!!! Not to mention, if I saw another piece of protein I was going to kill myself LOL!

I realized a steak just wasn't that good without a potato next to it.

I recently discovered whey protein. OMG!! Why didn't anybody tell me about this before? I have a glass in the morning, and I eat some fruit. I will not get hungry until my next meal. I started going to the gym again 3 times a week. Nothing out of this world. 30 minutes on the eliptical trainer, and about 15 minutes of strength training. When I come back I have another glass of protein and a small meal. NO HUNGER, and not only I'm I down to a size 4 I FEEL GREAT!!. I have a healthy dinner too, but sometimes I have to force myself to eat it, because I barely get hungry. OH and when I say healthy I don't mean salads. I can't stand them. I have figured out that you can eat really good, without eating like a rabbit LOL. I'll make something like Halibut or Tilapia putanesca with some rice (or steam veggies if you like), It is so delicious and you cook it with no fat at all. Or I'll make some chicken tacos, or some citrus garlic roasted chicken. And I never cooked before. This is all new to me. I've just looked for some healthy recipes (foodnetwork rocks) and I'm eating like in a restaurant, but without the high prices and all the calories.

Even without working out I was loosing the weight. Just not as fast. I'm dropping 3 to 4 lbs a week and I don't work out every day.

Guys if you are having trouble loosing weight because you are always hungry, get yourself some whey protein (I use Designer Whey brand), you will feel satisfied and be able to stick to any diet. Plus, you save yourself all the sugar calories from say, slim fast, and it tastes way better and it is better for you(not to mention cheaper).
amanda_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amanda_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 11:57pm
I have heard Green Tea is great when you are trying to lose weight. I don't think it makes you lose weight per se- but it cleans out your system and keeps your energy up while dieting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinkyKitty187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 8:42am
Il have to try the whey sometime, and that citrus garlic roasted chicken sounds gorgeous. I do get hungry a lot but I think I eat more down to boredom. But over the last 3 weeks or so since me and my bf broke up ive developed such good willpower ive surprised myself. Havent been eating hardly any sweet stuff but my problem is that I crave bread a lot.

So im starting a fast 2day. Couple of weeks ago I didnt eat for about 4 days and I lost about 6 lb and since then ive been eating normal except with less sweet stuff and only put on 1.5-2lb of the weight I lost.

Gona start a new topic on this so feel free to comment.
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 10:08am
keep it healthy and let us know, I do not eat meat, and whey protien is an animal derrivitive, but I do use soy poder, and try not to be toooo fanatical about the ingredients, and it does supress my appetite.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Sharyg11 Sharyg11 wrote:

Yeap Anomis is right!!!

I did Atkins and did loose the weight, but as soon as I stoped it, the weight came back with a vengance!!! Not to mention, if I saw another piece of protein I was going to kill myself LOL!

Hi Sharyg. Don't forget the sour cream and butter for that potatoLOL

Atkins is a lifestyle change not just a diet, you do it for life. People can't go back to their old eating habits and keep the weight off. Discovery Health has a show called "I Lost It" about people who lost massive amounts of weight on low carb diets such and Atkins and gastric bypass and stuff like that. It shows how they lost the weight and how they keep it off. It's a great motivator. If they can lose 200lbs. surely I can lose 20Big%20smile
ALL EYES ON ME
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Ms.Honey Ms.Honey wrote:

[QUOTE=Sharyg11]Yeap Anomis is right!!!

Hi Sharyg. Don't forget the sour cream and butter for that potatoLOL

I can skip the sour cream, but the butter for sure!!!LOL

I know Atkins is a lifestyle change. Believe me at the begining I was so hooked on it. I read everything I could about it. But I thought, well, maybe I'll loose the majority of the weight with this and then I'll continue working out and just eat balanced meals. Well, that didn't work for me.  And I just knew I could not spend the rest of my life eating like that.

You can definitly loose 20 lbs on it. And if you can stick with it for life it will work great for you. I can't, so I found something that works for me.

I have never been severely overweight. Exept when I broke up my engagement years ago, and moved to a new state. The anxiety took its toll, and I gained almost 40lbs!!! I looked like a refrigerator. Thank God I reacted in time and lost all the weight. Took me about 4 moths, but I did it!!

I've noticed that for me, the weight problem always has to do with some kind of change in my life. New job, new place etc. It is usually 10-12lbs, although the last time it was 15. I refused to go on those extreme diets and decide to change my life style. No more junk food(exept one day out of the week, that is my cheating day) and empty calories. I decided to try the protein since I was going  back to weight training. My problem was, I always felt hungry unless I eate large amounts of food. I started taking the protein and decided to cook healthy but flavorful foods that I would actually enjoy eating. Well, it worked like a charm. I get to enjoy delicious food and Thanks to the protein I actually feel like I'm about to explote eventhoug I'm eating half of what I used to eat. The pounds are droping like crazy, and I feel great!!! My skin is great, my mood is great and my energy level is great. The best part is I no longer crave sugar, and can't stand the tought of Mcdonnalds (which was my downfall). I guess is true what they say: your body craves what you feed it.

The only problem is I think I dropped too much weight. My butt which I happen to like (I'm latina, gotta have a butt LOL) is almost gone. So I'm trying to add more calories and concentrating more on strenght training. Hopefuly that will stop the booty loss LOL!

I can definitly eat like this forever. I'm actually loving it and my cholesterol is under control which it wasn't with atkins. I never felt this good, and I get to enjoy healthy carbs. For me, any diet where I feel deprived of something, just won't work overtime. But for anyone that can stick with it, if it works for you go for it!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic