Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eyelash Extensions - Hottest New Trend?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
lilmsrosie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmsrosie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 10:28pm
I want this service done for my lashes. I have very short and extremely curly eyelashes so glue on lashes for me is not an option. Do you guys think there is lash service in New Orleans?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2010 at 11:48pm
I would be surprised if there weren't any eyelash services in NO.  Most larger cities have several to choose from.  It has become extremely popular.  You might check the Web for listings in your area.

Good luck.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
AprilBraswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AprilBraswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 8:53pm
While I adore the look, I have literally been discouraged from getting them by salon professionals who thought they were just astronomically expensive for such a short lasting effect.  So as of yet, I haven't pursued them.  My long hair which lasts for years, enhancing and investing in it I am totally willing to do.

Still considering..... :-)
AprilBraswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AprilBraswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 9:00pm
Thank you for chiming in.  That was essentially what the ladies were telling me.  Now the gal is NO with the super curly and short lashes, I would totally understand you have like no false eyelash alternatives.  But I can wear those and have a few which looks glam lovely.

ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 12:41am
I do my own and like many others, will not go without them now. Before I did my own, I practiced on my 15 year old daughter who has very curly lashes. She loved them and they looked very "age appropriate"!! The lashes are only a few dollars as well as the adhesive and they last well (even with allergy eyes that I rub). I have not removed them all, rather I just add more as they thin out.

We just posted another article about DIY lash extensions that you might find helpful. Good luck!!
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
MariAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2010 at 2:55pm
I stopped wearing eyelash extensions and started using Latisse. My eyelashes look great now!
johnrambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnrambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 3:52am
eyelash extensions lashes are very popular these days.   Ultimately it's important to do whatever works best for you.

Here is some application tips:

Most of us have probably already heard of lash extensions but how do you apply them?

To apply your own lash extensions, you will only need a few things:

1. individual lash extensions (short, medium or long)
2. individual lash adhesive (clear or black)
3. good tweezers
4. Large safety pin

Take the lash adhesive and place a drop on a small piece of foil. Using the tweezers, remove each lash from it’s container, dip the tip into the adhesive and apply the tip to the base of your lashes, starting on the outer part of your eye (be sure to look closely into the mirror to ensure you are adhering the lash to the correct area). Hold the lash with the tweezers to allow the glue to set. Use the safety pin to correctly position and separate the lashes  before the glue completely sets.

If you notice that you are losing lashes, you might consider dipping more than just the tip into the adhesive or even touching the lash directly to the adhesive tip to be sure it is completely coated. Instead of waiting for all the lashes to fall out, just replace individual lashes as needed and they will last and last without a completely new install.

You might also notice that one side looks absolutely beautiful while the other side looks “different”. This is either because you used your other hand or because you tried using the same hand, so that eye’s lashes are not facing the right direction. As much as possible, you will need to try to use your other hand: left hand does left eye and right hand does right eye. After a few times of practicing, both eyes will look like they were professionally installed, all for about ten bucks!!

Edited by johnrambo - October 03 2011 at 9:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic