Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SHARYN ALFONSI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHARYN ALFONSI
    Posted: May 25 2008 at 11:07am
I like the shoulder skmming look the best!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 10:17am
ABC got her--and her hair still looks great.

Merlin101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 1:47pm
Definitely the longer style.  Some girls just can't do short hair.
I can barely conjure myself out of bed, let alone conjure up the devil.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 10:11am
The longer hair works for her. Thank you Kramer and Fat.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 4:06am
Teeth also seem prominent.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 8:18am
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

I think her face is too long for her current style.  Would look best with a medium style - something like this
Are you kidding me? The first thing I noticed about Sharon with this hairstyle was her nose. The first thing I noticed in the photos above was how pretty she looked with longer hair. Is that even the same person?

Edited by Kramer - June 22 2007 at 8:19am
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 10:50pm
Well I have to say the new longer pics are still a better then that short do which is on page1.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 5:35pm
I think she looks great with short or long hair--but the medium "bland" (wrong color for her too!) does nothing for me.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 4:42pm
I think she's hitting that point I was talking about - too long and it draws her face out making it look long.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 3:45pm
I think her face is too long for her current style.  Would look best with a medium style - something like this
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 3:38pm
She just interviewed some guy on CBS who takes pictures of everything he does and posts them on his website. I think her hair is a little longer.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2007 at 8:24pm
Maybe Fox or CNN or MSNBC is going to get her.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2007 at 3:36pm
Apparently she's leaving CBS.

MONDAY, JUN 11
Sharyn Alfonsi Leaving CBS News
Correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi is leaving CBS News at the end of her contract, two tipsters tell TVNewser.

The network says it won't comment on contractual matters. Update: 3:45pm: But it will say that she is currently a CBS News correspondent.

The tipsters say news of Alfonsi's intended departure circulated on Friday. "Alfonsi was very well-liked and highly respected amont the ranks," one CBSer says. "CBS wanted her to stay and become the national correspondent," describing her as a "rising star."

She has been based in New York since 2004, and saw her airtime increase dramatically under Bob Schieffer. "She has been the lead correspondent on many domestic and international stories for the Network," her bio says.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 9:42am
I agree with texdillo it is the hair and angle that can do it.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 9:04am
Not only can your hairstyle change the appearance of your face shape, but so can camera angle.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 8:58am
I wouldn't say she has a long face. Take a look at the third picture: is that long?
HopeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HopeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 4:16pm
She's beautiful, but the short cut would work better if it didn't create an almost "square" frame around her face, emphasizing its long shape. The medium-and longer length styles add width to her face, making it appear more classically oval & less long. But a pixie cut with longer angled bangs (i.e. shortest at the part and longer near the temples, even long enough to graze her eyebrows) and wispier and fuller hair around her face and ears would look equally soft with her face shape.
More like this:
Actress%20Winona%20Ryder%20was%20given%20three%20years...
Or like Mandy Moore's bangs here:

Edited by HopeB - June 05 2007 at 4:18pm
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 2:31pm
I don't know if I can agree with you there Only. I look at the first pic then the second one and I see a younger women in the second one.
IfOnly! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IfOnly! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 8:37am
I don't know how anyone could not like the first picture, I think she looks awesome with short hair. The longer style works too, but I think the short style really makes her eyes sparkle, flatters her face more and, to me, she looks like someone ready to have fun at a moments notice. She apparently had the short style to save on time when she had a morning news spot and had to be up super early in the mornings.

[Edited by Moderator to add:  There are anomalies with the IP address from which this post originated.]

Edited by DaveDecker - June 05 2007 at 9:37pm
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2007 at 9:54pm
KB I'm glad something I posted might have helped in letting you try a longer style. I picked that up from the long hair support board that is on this site or another long hair message board. I figure if it worked for that women they were talking about there and here might as well share it with others. KB good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic