Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Master P & Romeo Launch New Label

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaveKingSup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaveKingSup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Master P & Romeo Launch New Label
    Posted: June 01 2007 at 7:35am

Master P, Romeo Clean Up Their Act With Launch Of New Label

Hip-hop mogul Master P and son rapper Romeo announced recently that they have launched a new label called Take A Stand Records, which comes with a mission -- of cleaning up both the image and lyrics of hip-hop music. The new label will represent artists that have pledged to be role models to both the music industry and music lovers of all walks of life through 100% clean lyrics and positive moral values. Master P made the announcement public and gave further justification for the label via an open letter where he admits that he has benefited from explicit lyrics, but hopes to change his tune, after the genre came under fire in light of the Don Imus controversy. "I have profited millions of dollars through explicit rap lyrics," admits Master P. "I can honestly say that I was once part of the problem and now it's time to be part of the solution. I am ready to take a stand by cleaning up my music and follow my son's footsteps and make a clean rap album." Although P doesn't ex pect the entire industry to follow his path, he hopes by leading the way, he can take the industry one step towards growth. The first release under the new label will be a father and son album from Master P and Romeo titled "Hip Hop History," which is slated to debut this fall.

Read full story online:
http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2007/05/2556/

25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 3:32pm
good  for them wonder how the new album is going to do.
twingotti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twingotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2007 at 8:55am
Wonder how the fans will respond to the new image P. Hope the label susceeds.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic