Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2b w/ 3a... anyone the same as me?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kallard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kallard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2b w/ 3a... anyone the same as me?
    Posted: June 16 2012 at 9:49am
I just posted about help with wavy hair for the exact same problem that you just described! I always blow-dry and straighten or use a curling iron on the ends because of this. I want to know more about the aloe vera treatment. Does it make your hair stiff? I don't want stiff hair.
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2007 at 11:20am
So you just put aloe vera gel in it when it's wet, and it helps the curls stay together? I've seen a lot of products with aloe in them, but never thought of using it just straight up...  i'll try it out, thanks!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2007 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by SilkStrands SilkStrands wrote:

I think the 2b pretty well describes my hair. It is mostly wavy, but I have the occasional ringlet curls near the nape and sporadically around my head.

I usually let it air dry and then flat iron it straight. SOMETIMES I will wear it natural, but I usually don't because it's in between wavy and curly and just gets frizzy!  I havent found a product that will let me have sort of loose waves/semi-curls that are separate. They all seem to bunch together when wet, and if I try to finger-comb it just gets frizzy again. Argh! I usually end up just getting frustrated and flat-ironing it again.

However, I'm trying to grow it out and i want to cause as little damage as possible, so i want to cut down on the heat styling. I deep condition every couple days, and only shampoo maybe 1-2 times a week (only organic products).

Can anyone recommend a product (preferrably all-natural) that will help me acheive the natural wavy look I want? I hate to keep spending $ on products i'm not sure about.

Thanks!
-SS

Your routine sounds alot like mine!
I use aloe vera gel (the lotion kind, now is a great time to get a good deal on it in the sun screen/tanning lotion section).  That's all I've used for the past several years.
If your curls are clumped together too much, try just shaking your head around and fluffing it rather than finger-combing.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2007 at 7:20pm

Hi, I have pretty wavy/almost curly hair.I actually have quite a few ringlets underneath in the back and the sides. My hair is really course, and thick.I usually use natural products, but recently, my hair decided to ge REALLY dry. I was using natures gate products, and really liked them, but I think they were just not cuting it. 

I have heard alot about the redken all soft line, so I decided to try them. I have been using them for about two weeks now, and I really like them. I was having to use several conditoiners at once, but the all soft has completly done away with that thought. The top has gotten a little straighter, and at first it seemed that my hair was going flat, but I started using the co only from the ears down, and now it works great. My hair is so soft and silky. They have a line for curly hair that I might check out. I normally use more natural products, but like I said, they just weren't cutting it.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2007 at 11:05am
I think the 2b pretty well describes my hair. It is mostly wavy, but I have the occasional ringlet curls near the nape and sporadically around my head.

I usually let it air dry and then flat iron it straight. SOMETIMES I will wear it natural, but I usually don't because it's in between wavy and curly and just gets frizzy!  I havent found a product that will let me have sort of loose waves/semi-curls that are separate. They all seem to bunch together when wet, and if I try to finger-comb it just gets frizzy again. Argh! I usually end up just getting frustrated and flat-ironing it again.

However, I'm trying to grow it out and i want to cause as little damage as possible, so i want to cut down on the heat styling. I deep condition every couple days, and only shampoo maybe 1-2 times a week (only organic products).

Can anyone recommend a product (preferrably all-natural) that will help me acheive the natural wavy look I want? I hate to keep spending $ on products i'm not sure about.

Thanks!
-SS

Edited by SilkStrands - June 04 2007 at 11:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic