Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

braids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kingofny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: braids
    Posted: June 04 2007 at 5:24pm
how long dose it take to grow your hair enough to get braids
cryalone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cryalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 9:13am
for black people that could be an eternity.
believe me, i know.
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by cryalone cryalone wrote:

for black people that could be an eternity.
believe me, i know.
Confused That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

To answer the OP's question: A good stylist should be able to to braid you hair as soon as it's about 1.5 inches long.  Hair grows on an average of 1/2 an inch per month so that would be about 3 months. But it all depends on what your growth rate is, could be slower or faster. Extensions can be used to make it neat since the hair will be very short. But make sure it's the integrated ones so it looks just like it's your real hair.

Edited by BeautyWitch - July 16 2007 at 12:02am
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2007 at 6:45am
For me it took around three months but my hangtime(the ends) was all the way in the back of my neck luckily my hair grows fast and 3 months later it was down past my shoulders. Everybody is different though ,genetics and hair type is all a factor in making that determination.

Waves(2001-Present)
kittenbubbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittenbubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2007 at 3:42pm
i agree
Samanthajones67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samanthajones67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 11:14am
I think it is sad to say an 'eternity'..............when this is simply untrue.

Hair grows at 1/2 inch per month......... So do the math.
Mrs. Jones
BABYGIRL718 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BABYGIRL718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 6:24am
ITA! Hello my fellow BHMer's!
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Samanthajones67 Samanthajones67 wrote:

I think it is sad to say an 'eternity'..............when this is simply untrue.

Hair grows at 1/2 inch per month......... So do the math.

My hair grows faster than that normally grow about 1.2 - 1.7 inches of hair per month my hair was extremely hard to catch though because it was so curly so it took me 3 months before I was able to get my hair braided.

Waves(2001-Present)
joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 6:40pm
I just finished getting to the length...took me bout 3 1/2 months
joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2007 at 6:46pm
Thumbs%20Downbut i got that "Nick Cannon" hangtime
JMAN21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAN21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2008 at 6:27pm
lol
harlem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 5:10pm
Hi
I had a very short hair style...I could not even curl it but I let it grow out where the braider could catch it up and I had micro braids...Usually the braider is someone who is an excellent braider with expeirence, and or specializes with braiding short hair........ It can be done.
LILDEE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LILDEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2008 at 5:24pm
My hair grows slow and I freakinf hate it. It seems like before my first relaxer which was 3years ago my hair use to grow faster. Now it takes for ever yo grow.
http://members.fotki.com/Lil-may/about/ God is good!!!
magus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 9:23pm
Ascertains with long hair your style would seems to be classyness, having appearance more fresh with short hairstyle and middle hair style makes you seems to be be young a few years. ascertains you hair style to represent you personality. You can click http://shorthairstyles1.blogspot.com Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic