Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

He wants me to cut my hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: He wants me to cut my hair
    Posted: June 05 2007 at 3:05pm
My husband told me that he wants me to cut my hair short, he has pretty much said that if I don't hurrry up and do something with my hair that he's going to take care of it for me. Please help me decide on a haircut,
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 3:14pm
Do it only if you want too, and get his input if you want it.  My wife hated her mid length hair, so she told me kinda what she was looking for, and i found TONS of pics and advice here.  I never gave her a " do it or I will do it for you" ultimatium, i just reassured her that it would look great when it was cut.  We were both right, and she loves it shorter....maybe you will also.  Tell him if you get your hair cut short (and you really dont want to), then he needs to get a Brazilian wax at the same time!

EEKKSS!
Good luck, and if you want, download a pic here and what level of shortness you may want (not him) and I bet we can give you no less than 50 picks that you will like.

Good Luck again!
jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 3:48pm
Here's a pic of me with the longest hair cut he wants me to have, he would would like it cut even shorter than this. Right now I have long hair, I don't mind cutting it but I'm not sure whether this is too short for me or not. What do you think?   

Edited by jubee - June 08 2007 at 5:51am
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 6:05pm
It's a tough decision as cyber makeover images don't always give realistic way of how your hair will behave if it is cut that short.  Although i love short hair i'm not sure this style is for you.  It doesn't look too bad, but can you post a picture of your hair as it is now so we can see the texture and so on.  I have see ladies wit shorter hair and they look amazing. I'm sure some of the people here can suggest short styles, but you have to be happy to do it.  Why do you think he has had this sudden change of heart?
jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 8:51pm
Its not really a change of heart, About 1o years ago I kept my hair very short. Tthe top was slightly curly and the sides were cut close and the and nape area was buzzed. He really liked the buzzed back.  Then I decided to grow it out, I grew weary of blow dryers and curling irons. Now he'd like me to cut it short again, and I have to admit that I am not opposed, I enjoyed my short hair but I'm also 10 years older than I was then and a little heavier. If i do go short again my only requirement is that I not have to deal with blow dryers and curling irons, I'd like something that I can just wash, throw some gel or mouse in and go.
jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 8:53pm
  Here is a picture. Any assistanc4e would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by jubee - June 08 2007 at 5:51am
jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 5:26pm
I told him I'd get it cut by the weekend, I could really use some help here!!!  I know he'd like it shorter but what do you think, this style is too short, or not short enough?

Edited by jubee - June 08 2007 at 5:52am
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 6:19pm
We cant make that decision for you, you have to.  You can always do it as short as you want to, and if YOU are not happy with it, you can get it cut shorter.  After you get it cut, post a pic if you can, and then post a pick of his brazilian wax!Shocked - on second thought, dont post the wax pic, just make him get one.
Good luck
jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 6:32pm

You are right, it is ultimately my decision., however I could use a little help. I' would greatly appreciate some ideas as to a style that would suit me??? Any comments on two that I posted?

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 6:45pm
I think the second one is the best
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 8:22pm
I think the second in better, if you dont like it, you can always cut it shorter like the first one.  However, you cant cut it like the first and glue some lenght back on.LOL

good luck
jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 8:23pm

this is how he'd like the back to look

jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 8:40pm

This is the style he seems to prefer, whatever way I go it will be a big change.  It will always grow back and I have plenty of hats laying around. I know it's ultimately my decision but maybe I let him have his way if he goes and gets a high and tight. What do you think is it worth the extra inch or two????

Edited by jubee - June 08 2007 at 5:52am
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 8:49pm
if you dont mind it, get him to do a high and tight also.  It will look great!

The shorter length will be cooler for you also.

Edited by conrad - June 06 2007 at 8:50pm
jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 6:48am
He asked me last night what I was going to do, so I took my opportunity and made him the high and tight offer, he's said he'd think about it, so I told him I was thinking too. He doesn't know it but I've decided that I am ready to cut my hair regardless of what he decides to do. My only question is do I cut off a few inches or do I cut it all off?  
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated,  do you think I should go really short like the styles shown above, if so, which works best or can anyone offer me other ideas? 
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:25am
I think something like this would look really cute on you. Seems like you have nice, straight hair so the style would fit you well and be very low-maintenance:

edit: and also, if I may add my opinion, I don't think it's necessary to buzz that far up, as you showed in the picture you said your hubby liked. I would just cut real short in the back, and maybe buzz a little on the very bottom but shaved all the way up like that looks kinda boyish, not very feminine. Why is your hubby so adamant about the way you do your hair? It is YOUR hair by the way. Do you control how he does his?

Edited by SilkStrands - June 07 2007 at 9:29am
jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 10:29am
Thanks,  I like this style a lot, and I think your right when it comes to the back.  

As you can see by the pic my hair is long straight and pretty boring. I used to wear it very short, and I guess he'd like me to cut it short again, ultimately I think it out brings out the savage beast in himThumbs%20Up, you know what I mean!!!     
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 10:35am
Yeah, I really think that style would look great on you... ask your hubby what he thinks.

And be sure to take pics once you get it cut! Smile
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 12:52pm
Well i must admit if you are willing to go for it, then go for the shortest High and Tight you can stand. It will be a special treat for him just once in a while so he appreciates it more.

If you fancy something a little longer then how about this
Good luck, and post some pics of the makeover Wink
jubee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 6:04am

I have appointment for a consultation tommorrow. I really like both of these styles, but right now I think I'm leaning toward the first one, let's see  what the stylist says and I'll go from there. Thanks for all your help!!!

Edited by jubee - June 08 2007 at 11:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic