FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wave Connection- the crown method

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wave Connection- the crown method
    Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:06am

Your crown is located in the back center area of your head.  It's exact position tends to vary from person to person.  For persons with low cuts, the crown is usually characterized by its unruliness and it must be trained/tamed in order to improve your 360 wave appearance.  Although many wavers say use a soft brush for the crown, I have developed my own theory that is based on the contrary.  More specifically, I think a hard brush is a better option for developing and maintaining a tightly waved up crown.

The first thing you should do is find the center of your crown.  This can be accomplished by using a hand held mirror that will allow you to see your crown in a wall mounted mirror or something similiar.  As you look at the center of your crown, imagine it as a traditional analog clock.  Place your hard brush parallel to the center of your crown and brush outward toward what would be 12 o'clock.  Make sure that you only brush a few inches outward.  This will concentrate your brushing action to the specific area of interest.  Do this several times, then rotate your brush 45 degrees clockwise and repeat.  If you are rotating your brush correctly, then the third rotation will place your brush perpendicular to its starting position.  Keep rotating your brush 45 degrees, while brushing outward, until you have covered your whole crown.  It is important that you start the brushing motion as close to the center of your crown as possible after you complete each brush rotation.  Your brush should rotate 8 times because 360, which is the wave pattern, divided by 45, which is the degrees of rotation, equals 8.  Although it isn't mandatory, I recommend rotating your brush clockwise, because most crowns tend to spin out to the right.  Make sure that your barber cuts your crown similiar to the way you are training it.  Also, keep in mind, that the minimum wavelength for your crown is usually less than the rest of your hair.  Therefore, it should be cut slightly higher to increase wave visibility and definition.

Finally, the reason I recommend a hard brush is because the crown has no set grain pattern.  Since you're trying to train the crown's hair in a set 360 pattern and help it develop an appropiate grain pattern/angle, a hard brush is essential.  If you use a standard nine inch hard brush, you can use a seven inch mini hard brush to increase brushing concentration accuracy.  Club and military hard brushes are also effective.

Edited by wave connection - June 18 2007 at 10:00am
Shockwave View Drop Down

360 Veteran/Most Improved Playa '07

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shockwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:29am
...ebonics is what you need my friend
Aka Doc Shock
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Shockwave Shockwave wrote:

A tight right side is what you need my friend, lol.
DUB-C
Shockwave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shockwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:38am
...ouch
Aka Doc Shock
LDIZL View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDIZL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:41am
Originally posted by wave connection wave connection wrote:

Burn
I Cant Really Talk
My Right Is Weak Too
Chi-Town_Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:50am
good stuff
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

mrclean1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrclean1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 10:59am
why izzz dat......i have da same problem i think.
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/1101992/StarredPhotos51-1.jpg" />
gmillz22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmillz22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 11:03am
I keep tryna tell y'all not to mess wit cnnctn! His level of intelligence is superior to those on this site! lol (next inline would be Moi!) and again i say LOL
Still on That Come Up Mayne
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 11:05am

^Lol damn LOL, Wave Connection you make wavin science LITERALLY lol, good method tho fam
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
dutchmasterz04 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchmasterz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 11:11am
Looks good ma dude, I guess thats why my barber leaves my crown higher, just thought he always messed up. Hes better than I thought.
cm0t0wn1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm0t0wn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 11:17am

Do I hear a battle coming on???
CHANGE ON THE WAY !!

gmillz22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmillz22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 11:21am

and now............LETS GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still on That Come Up Mayne
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 1:41pm
I been doin that with a hard brushing around my crown in a 360 pattern cus I dont wanna start spinnin then have to work on my crown I want to build it all at the same time ya dig?
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 1:42pm
Daaaayum. that hurt my feeling when i read that. lol
But I cosign w/ you on this meth. I use my small hard brush too. Its perfect.

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by King Cash King Cash wrote:

Daaaayum. that hurt my feeling when i read that. lol
But I cosign w/ you on this meth. I use my small hard brush too. Its perfect.

A small/mini hard brush is a good tool for the crown.  I use the #2069 mini hard brush by Annie. 

Edited by wave connection - June 07 2007 at 2:01pm
DUB-C
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 2:07pm
coo, i have one by Hollywood Beauty. Its about as long as a space bar and wide as the mouse. lol  

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 2:15pm

My Annie mini hard brush is seven inches long and two inches wide.

DUB-C
Shockwave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shockwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 3:20pm

...no homo
Aka Doc Shock
Gvyll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gvyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 3:22pm
wooooooooooooooooooow shock u a fool
<a href="http://imageshack.us">
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 3:29pm

...no homo

Listen Shocccccccccccccckie, we see where you minds out, lol, and what you think about.   

Originally posted by babyjprettyboy babyjprettyboy wrote:

here shoccckie  shoccckie  shoccckie   come on      

shoccccccccccccckie that ur new nickname boy (no homo)

Edited by wave connection - June 07 2007 at 3:37pm
DUB-C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic