Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Salon use too much wax? new locks [images]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Windkun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windkun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salon use too much wax? new locks [images]
    Posted: June 10 2007 at 7:14pm
Sup,

I went to an African Hair Salon (Called every spa / haircut place in my town, and none of them did dreads, One of the final places said I needed  to call an African Hair Salon, so I called one a few towns over and had it done)

I wanted really thin dreads, as I like the look of them... They do look pretty cool in person, and I dig them - my fear is the girl used too much wax on my hair / head. - I mean alot of my scalp got waxed and sh*t. They are still pretty stiff, although I assume its holding it all together well, I read up online that it may also impact it NOT locking up. Does anyone experience alot of wax when first having it done / will they be alright? haha thanks guys

Pictures -

Edited by Windkun - June 10 2007 at 9:59pm
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2007 at 8:43am
They look pretty good to me...your hair looks very fine, so they may have needed to use alot of wax to fuse the hair together.  If you feel that is alot of wax, there is the backhand combing method that many  people with non-kinky hair uses who to get dreadlocs.

You might want to look on line but I think there is a site called knottydreads.com not sure, that may be able to assist you.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

delleaux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delleaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2008 at 10:57pm
Normally with our hair texture you really do not need beeswax. You had them coiled your texture will not hold a coil unless it is laden with a lot of beeswax and in the end that is not good because of the build up. You could have them backcombed and avoid all that excess wax!!!!! :-)
Dread pride!!!!!@}-----
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic