Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite home remedies for skin care?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureMinerals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LureMinerals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite home remedies for skin care?
    Posted: June 20 2007 at 1:17pm
Hey everyone! 

What is everyone's favorite home remedy for skin care?

Mine are:

Egg white or egg yolk masks - I notice when I do these every day for at least a week or so, my skin feels smoother, glows and clears up fast!

For redness from pimples - apply visine every few hours

Ever mess up a fake tan (out of a bottle)? - To help get it OFF LOL, try 1/4 cup of lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar, loofah and scrub all over you!
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 9:51am
Mix honey, egg yolk, and a little bit of olive oil, use as face mask... your skin will look awesome!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 11:03am
I used to make a cleanser/scrub by taking raw oatmeal putting it in the blender to make a powder, then adding enough honey and milk to make it the right consistency. I loved it ! I actually had forgotten about until seeing this post.  
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
MileHiGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MileHiGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 5:34pm
On another forum, a member had a suggestion of applying Milk of Magnesia with a cosmetic sponge on your face to control oil throughout the day. I'm sure a thin layer was applied, but she said she got about 8 hours of shine free skin.  I have not tried this yet, as I am currently using a product of a similar consistancy, but will try this!
Also, another had heard of using elmer's glue as an alternative to pore strips. Has anyone tried this one, or heard of it?
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 10:58pm
Raw honey applied to the face will soften it and will help with pimples because it is a natural antibiotic.  I also heard that putting green teabags that have cooled onto your face will soften the skin.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 12:48am
Dito on the raw honey. Leaves your skin beautiful!!!
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 7:55pm

i have a receipe that i make all the time and use a lot.

wild facial oil:

it repairs the outer layers and helps with scars and mature skin also if it is dry.

organic rosehip seed oil
olive oil
a few calendula flowers
jojoba oil
vitamin e oil
carrot seed
and helicichrysum-this is key key key to scars!!! just dont over do it must be mixed with other oils.

Babycheeks
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 11:03am
Lots of you like honey masks!  I have never tried this before but am slowly being persuaded.  When you say raw honey do you just mean putting honey (by itself) onto your face?  Do you leave it on or wash off right away? 

Also, thanks for the self tan advice as to getting it OFF!  I have had this problem before and nothing has seemed to work.  I've basically just stopped using it all together but sometimes a little tan is necessary. 
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 10:42am
Raw honey is unprocessed. If it is raw, it will say raw on the label.Most of the honey we find in stores has been cooked. You normally need to go to a health food store to get it raw. Sometimes you can find it in a natural section of some of the big supermarkets. The best is raw honey from your area. If you have any sort of farmers market, fruit stand or something like it, I would check there first.
 When it is cooked, most of the nutrients are cooked out leaving basically a sugar substiute. Honey in its natural form has been called natures perfect food. It is antibacterial, antifungal, it boosts the immune system, and has been known to actually help wth allergies ( if it is from your area), and aid in faster wound healing. Among many other things, it moisturizes. As a facial, it exfoliates while moisturizing, and helps heal any blemishes, the perfect combination!

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
MaryPoppins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 8:21pm
Oh wow!  How did I not know this before??  I love mud masks, facials, creams, and lotions.  This is something that's right up my alley.  I'll definitely have to look for it.  I do have a farmers market each weekend that's close by.  If I get a chance this weekend I'll stop by to see if I can find it.  If not, I'll check Whole Foods or Trader Joes.... it sounds like one of them would have it. 
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2007 at 4:13pm
A good rule of thumb would be any place that has alot of natural foods.You should be able to find it at one of those stores.Good luck and have fun "getting sticky"!LOL
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic