Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eyeliner on top lashes help . . .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luvsmatchbox20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsmatchbox20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eyeliner on top lashes help . . .
    Posted: June 20 2007 at 7:38pm
I've always only put eyeliner on my bottom lids, but I want to try to put it on the top.  The only problem is that it looks smudgy. 

What is the best way to put eyeliner (from a pencil) on the top lash line?  Also, should I have my eye open or closed for the top ones?
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 6:07am
i had the same problem with pencil liner on my top eyes when i first started lining my eyes. what i would suggest is that you use an angled eyeliner brush like the one on the end of this lash comb/brow brush: http://poshbrushes.com/86135.html all you have to do is glide the brush along the pencil, and then close the eye that your working on and place the brush as close to the lash line as possible. that wiggle the brush from side to side, but dont actually move it out of place. repeat these three steps until you have lined the entire top eyelid, and poof, perfect liner!
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsmatchbox20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Bryan Bryan wrote:

i had the same problem with pencil liner on my top eyes when i first started lining my eyes. what i would suggest is that you use an angled eyeliner brush like the one on the end of this lash comb/brow brush: http://poshbrushes.com/86135.html all you have to do is glide the brush along the pencil, and then close the eye that your working on and place the brush as close to the lash line as possible. that wiggle the brush from side to side, but dont actually move it out of place. repeat these three steps until you have lined the entire top eyelid, and poof, perfect liner!

Thanks for the reply!  Posting the picture really helps, but is the angled brush actually a brush or is it  sponge-like material? 
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 6:19am
its actually a brush, try to find the softest you can find. natural hair is an option, but if you are against that type of thing, or are cheap like me synthetic works just as well. i honestly cant tell a difference between natural hair or synthetic imo but natural is supposed to be better. it will tell you on the package what type of bristle it is made out of.
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsmatchbox20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Bryan Bryan wrote:

its actually a brush, try to find the softest you can find. natural hair is an option, but if you are against that type of thing, or are cheap like me synthetic works just as well. i honestly cant tell a difference between natural hair or synthetic imo but natural is supposed to be better. it will tell you on the package what type of bristle it is made out of.

I would probably go for the synthetic too then. 

Thanks again for the information!  I appreciate it!  : )
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 8:16am
hey no problem. hope everything works out ok for for you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic