Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new with a question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
.sara. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .sara. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new with a question
    Posted: June 21 2007 at 4:15pm
hey i'm new :)

so i have really straight hair, and i was wondering how to get that beachy look where my hair would be curly/wavy without a curling iron or other curling supplies. i was wondering about using curl defining products such as gels or conditioners. thanks!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 8:14am
As far as I'm aware, curl defining products aren't going to give you curly hair if your hair is straight.  They may just have some benefit for already curly hair (if I'm wrong, somebody tell me, but I think they are mainly anti frizz products that may lock some moisture in the hair shaft, which would make already curly hair tighten up a bit).

I don't think there's a way to curl it without at least doing something.  If you don't want to use heat, or buy curlers, you can braid it, or use stuff around the house.  One way I do my ends is to wear it in a bun, especially if I put some gel in it first and bun it damp, it will stay curly for a  little while after it dries and I let it out.  If your hair is shorter you can try wrapping the ends around something and pinning or tying it in place damp and sleeping on it until its dry.  You could use bobby pins or strips of cloth to shape it into curls for that.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic