Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

use aphogee products?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: use aphogee products?
    Posted: June 22 2007 at 8:06am
Hello!

I have heard mixed reviews of the APHogee product line mainly the Balancing moisturizer. I would like to incorporate them in to my being routine, I have used the Kerian(?) reconstructor with fairly good results after one time of use(less snaping off hair and general better look).

My problem is I need a good moisturizer. My hair dose not like the heavy silicone  products it causes a lot of breaking and fizzy-poofniss (new word, you like?) I have been using Main an Tail( my hair seems like it grows faster? thats a new topic  in itself) and kolestoral(?)

ino : wella indepth or what ever its called is a complete waste of time and $$ it did squat.

any  input would be great
no one in the other forums has any input
 Thanks!
Kimbrely29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbrely29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 9:56pm
I use Aphogee products I have their Balance Moisturizer and the Reconstructer.. I love their Balance Moisturizer it makes the hair soft and gives it lots of moisture. I've also used their Green Tea Leave in Conditioner. It's okay also... I would recommend for you to try them out..
Love your imperfections they are what makes you unique.
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 6:11pm
Hi eve, I only use the Balance moisturizer after using Aphogee for damaged hair heavy protein treatment. It is a pretty good moisturizer because it does put the moisture back into my hair after this treatment but it's not that spreadable and doesn't have any slip. If you looking for something to use on a weekly basis I recomend cone-free Trader Joes's nourshing spa conditioner or Elucence MB; they spread easily, have great slip, and a little goes a long way. There is also Kiehl's coconut rinse but it does have cones. HTH

Edited by blackhoney112 - June 23 2007 at 6:13pm
Hair album
pw:Romeo
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 2:50pm
I also use the Balance moisturizer after using Aphogee for damaged hair  protein treatment AND I also use it in the winter when the air is dry or when I know I will be using heat styling.  I live in the NE so the air can be very dry seasonally. It is a very good moisturizer in my opinon and a must for after a protein treatment.  After using the protein treatment, I do see a dramatic drop in breakage and hair loss caused by combing so I try to use it every 6 to 8 weeks.  I also like homemade protien treatments made from c. milk, honey, a little oo cut with l juice.

Edited by Kim J - June 24 2007 at 8:26pm
-Happy Hair Days
Kim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 4:02pm
gonna have to make a trip to sally's  and give it all a shot Wink thanks

Edited by suicides_eve - June 25 2007 at 7:42am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 7:43am
the resualts:Thumbs%20Up
ok its Monday morning and last night i went to sally's and picked up a bottle of the aphogee balancing moisturize and the treatment for damaged hair,    I used the kertian(?) reconstructor  for the 2 nd time ( i have some breakage going on but not enough i feel  to do a full in treatment)   followed with the moisturizer after and i can already see amazing difference!
My hair  isn't rough feeling at all and most of the poofy-niss is gone!

my hair literally seemed like it was soaking the stuff in  i kept applying it until the ends were good and wet. and wow i am in love.

i would really recommend this to anybody with really dry bleached/ color treated hair that needs that 'drink' of moisture. i got a bottle at sally's for around $6.

i have heard good things about the treatment for damaged hair so my girlfriend said she would she would try it,  her hair is bleached damaged (mushy,stringy, snapping , i personally would cut it off type hair) we started by washing her hair w/ claifying shampoo and then put on the treat. man that stuff stinks like a cat litter box! once you get past the stink  the stuff is fairly easy to put on, then as  you dry it it gets real sticky and hard(it's supose to do that) we used a hand dryer in her till it was rock hard then rinsed and followed with the balancing  moisturizor i had just bought.

her results:Thumbs%20Up
WOW
what a changed it really did help her hair out!  it seem stronger and there is by far less hair  breaking off. mushy stringymess is not nearly as severe as it was before. she also plans to follow up with the keratin(?) reconsturcor  because you can use it weekly to help and the treatment for dmaged hair you can only do every 4-6 weeks, the treatment at sally's ran about $4 for a pack that was enough for her short/ medium hair

i am head back up there to today  to get some more of there products and give'em a shot too, i have my eye on Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Conditioner
 and the
Gloss Therapy. hopefuly they will turn out as nice  as what we tried
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 11:01am
    I love the Balance Moisturizer. I applied it to one side of my hair and the Queen Helene's Cholesterol to the other side, and slept with a plastic cap overnight.  When I rinsed them out the next morning the Balance Moisturizer was very soft, much softer than the Queen Helene's which had been my favorite until then.
   Has the 2 Step Protein Treatment made anyone's hair thicker. After the first treatment my hair was the same texture as before the treatment. About 4 weeks later I did another protein treatment and that time my hair was thick and bushy(cute but not what I wanted) rather than the curly, wavy texture it had been. It hasn't changed, that was about a month ago.
  Can this stuff be stripped out of your hair or does it wear off?
ALL EYES ON ME
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 7:31pm
Guess I am the odd one out because I totally hate the Balancing Moisturizer. Thumbs%20Down  There is nothing moisturizing about that mess.  I never use the Balancing moisturizer step after either of the Aphogee protein treatments.

However, I do love the 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor.  Love It!  I also love the treatment for damaged hair.  In my opinion, they are where it's at as far as protein treatments are concerned.  I would however, follow the treatment for damaged hair with something much more moisturizing than the Balancing Moisturizer that is supposed to follow it.  I usually use Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner or Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner.

The 2 minute keratin reconstructor is great for weekly protein boosts or right after a relaxer is rinsed, just before a neutralizer is applied.  It's great! 
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by MSHONEY MSHONEY wrote:

Has the 2 Step Protein Treatment made anyone's hair thicker.

I can't say that I've experienced this, but this wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a protein treatment.  Treatments like aphogee deposit protein on the cuticle, so a temporary thickening is very possible.  Even color rinses (which also contain fair amounts of protein) have this effect.Smile
  Can this stuff be stripped out of your hair or does it wear off?

The treatment will wear off with time and after a few washings.  The 2 minute keratin reconstructor will lessen its "grip" on your hair much faster than the treatment for damaged hair which is a much stronger and deeper penetrating treatment.  Also, damaged or slighly porous hair tends to cling to those proteins a little harder than hair that is healthy or not so porous.  So give it a little time and try to get some moisturizing condtioning in to speed up the process.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 7:50pm
"I usually use Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner or Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner."

i have heard others have had good results using the cream of nature conditioner, i will have to add it to my list of things to get.

blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 7:12am
Glad to hear it worked for you
Hair album
pw:Romeo
nickyp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 12:34pm
hi my hair is breaking, dry, and shedding real bad.  I don't really know how to care for my hair. I can't afford to go to the salon right now so i'm trying to care for it myself. could you please give me some advice on how to get my hair healthier and long like yours. my hair is just a little below my ears and I want to grow it out longer past my bra strap. so could you please help!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 1:10pm
thats what my main problem was dryness it felt like straw and had no life of its own,  it just started to break off on the ends and i started with aphoogee products and so far so good my hair is soft and doesn't break off so bad. give it a go i am glad i did.
as for growing length, i swear by main and tail its for horses but my roots kept growing out so fast i was going nuts! i used it  for bag head deep  conditioning and regular conditioner also lots of water helps
mercedes826 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercedes826 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2007 at 3:32pm
I don't care too much for the Balancing Moisturizer. I  like using Nexxus Humectress.

Edited by mercedes826 - July 02 2007 at 3:37pm
First Goal-Full SL
Second Goal- Full APL
Final Goal-Any length beyond is all gravy

http://public.fotki.com/mercedes826/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic