Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing-out advice needed for a guy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shadow-e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow-e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing-out advice needed for a guy
    Posted: June 23 2007 at 9:35pm
I have moderately thick curly/wavy hair. Been trying to grow it back long for eighteen months now - since last Oct' it's been in a 'one length' kinda style, which I tie back when at work and in public. Did have long hair before and want it back strong and healthy. However, it's running into problems - messiness (not long enough to all tie bac even still), odd strands, still have to fling the 'bangs area' hair over my right ear still. A right pain.

Now, should I persevere at growing out, OR is there a mens hairstyle or sort of styles I could have that would make growing out easier and less hassle? I don't mind losing inches now if it makes my hair better when it eventually is long.

(FWIW my hair sits a hair's breadth about my shoulders when normal, and longer on the rare occasions I let my girlfriend straighten it!)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 7:08am
It sounds like you already have one of the best / easiest to grow out styles.  It only gets harder when you have those layered styles, all one length just grows without needing maintenance.  It does take forever for the bangs to get long enough to be out of the way, but it will get there in time.  If you don't want bangs, just keep it growing. 

As for the messiness because of it not being long enough to fit in your ponytail, you might try some gel or mousse, it would help hold some of it back, maybe even all of your bangs.  Just use a little so you don't get the slick back look (unless you want that look of course).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic