Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

super breakage & crazy frizz please help me!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ahen151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahen151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: super breakage & crazy frizz please help me!!!
    Posted: June 25 2007 at 3:08pm
OK, so after a couple corrective color sessions my long hair has transformed into a dense lackluster brown frizz (sp?) ball with what looks like hundreds of tiny broken hairs that start about an inch from my scalp & continue through the lengths, sticking out all over the place.  So you can imagine... not too pretty.  I'm not willing to cut my hair above my shoulders & I know I can't undo the damage that's been done, but I really need to hide it so I don't look so scary.  How can I hide all those  broken hairs?  I've tried lots of moisturizing & conditioning products but my hair continues to be a massive bundle of frizz that's completely unmanageable.  PLEASE HELP! 
thanks.
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 10:57pm
Have you tried a protein reconstructor like Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin reconstructor? 

Color treated hair really needs a mixture of both protein and moisture.  It seems that you've done your moisturizing already, but don't skip on the protein!  Coloring takes a toll on the cuticle, and you need that protein to help rebuild the hair shaft.  It's a temporary fix, but it will improve the appearance of the hair.  Supplemental protein will also help your hair hold on the moisture you are giving it since coloring also affects the porosity of the hair.

Good luck!

ETA:  If you click on my hair album link below, you'll see a link to an article that I've written on the topic of hair breakage.  Now, the article is geared more toward ethnic hair- but some of the things there are universal, and I'm sure you'll find something that benefits you. Wink

Edited by Sistaslick - June 25 2007 at 11:00pm
ahen151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahen151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 2:02am
Thanks so much for your response.  I read your article & it was really helpful! 
thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 2:40pm
great!  glad it helped some!!Smile
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 12:57am
You need serious help. Aphogee won't do it with that type of damage. The molecules in it are too big and can not penetrate the hair properly.

Try Nexuss emergencee, or Joico Deep penetrating reconstructor. Now they are way more expensive, but totally worth it. They have the right molecular weight and get the job done right.

Now, keep in mind, protein treatments are not designed to soften hair. After a protein treatment your hair will feel like straw. That is normal. Do a deep conditioning with a good rich conditioner. I use Redken Butter treat, but you can use whatever works for you. If you decide to go with the Nexuss emergencee, ignore the instructions wich tell you to apply for 2 minutes. You need to leave the stuff on for 15-20 minutes. Cover your hair with a heat cap and go under the dryer or apply heat with a blow dryer or heat cap. The shampoo out, and reapeat the same process with the conditoner. By the second time you do it, you won't believe the difference. Do it once a week the first 2-4 weeks (depending on how bad the damage is) and once a month after that.

Your hair will come back to life. Trust me, I was able to save my friend's hair that way, and she showed up at my house with GREEN hair. Yes green. It was the result of hair that had been chemicaly straighten, and then bleached to do high lights. After months of hair breaking and changing colors, she decided to use a sem-permanent color. However hair was so damaged, it was unable to hold on to semi-perm color. So the color bled out, and all that was left was the base. The color was blue black, so the base was green. I almost past out when I saw her.

It took me almost 7 hours to fix her hair,I had to do a protein treatment to remove all the semi-perm color and of course to buffer the damage. Then deep condition. Then dry her hair so I could apply permanent color (which I refuse to do at the begining but she insisted) then I had to deep condition again, then blow dry and style her hair. But when I was done, people were asking her where she got her hair done for days. It looked glorious and healthy.

Monthly protein treatments and weekly deep conditioning did the rest.

Hope that helps.
Good luck and great hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 2:34am
Ahen, how's your hair doing?Tongue

Originally posted by Sharyg11 Sharyg11 wrote:

You need serious help. Aphogee won't do it with that type of damage. The molecules in it are too big and can not penetrate the hair properly.

Hmmm, why don't you think Aphogee would help?  The proteins in both treatments designed by Aphogee are hydrolyzed proteins.  How are the protein molecules too big if they are hydrolyzed? 

The 2 minute intensive keratin reconstructor also bears the required pH for deep penetration of the cuticle layers.  Plus her color trauma has no doubt increased the porosity of her hair, so any hydrolyzed protein would have no problem finding its way to the weakened areas of her cuticle.  With that level of porosity, any protein deep conditioner with hydrolyzed keratin will have a strong affinity for her hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic