Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swimming with Waves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
twingotti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twingotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swimming with Waves
    Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:09pm

Now that the summer is officially here its time to hit the beaches and the pool parties. Does everyone durag there hair while swimming? I know I do. I keep a durag around just for swimming. Not sure if the chlorine has any effect on your hair.

S.L.A.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.L.A.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:13pm
it does....trust me

put some grease i  ya hair, like sumthin thick that wont rinse out to easy, then cap it

evrything should stay clean and together
[QUOTE=25cent]thats a old time waver named stormy seas he got waves trust me [/QUOTE]
founder of the 180 meths

chrisdog212 View Drop Down
HB ALLSTAR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisdog212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:15pm
i cant wear a durag when i swim
well i havent swam without pomade in my hair currently
but whenever i put water in pomade in my hair it curls up real bad
and ive been lookin into this for a while
but im takin from past expierience that u shouldnt swim with pomade in ur hair
cause all its gonna do is dry it up and u just gotta go home wash it condition it and moisturize it
the pomade is gonna curl ur hair back and ur still gonna have dry hair etc
so dotn bother with the pomade
cause thats what screwed my progress up cause the pomade made ALL of myhair start curling back
so now waves arent as straight
but im fixing that
so if u want to see what im saying go swim in a pool with chlorine added in the water and have pomade in ur hair without a durag
and then go another day without durag or pomade

chlorine & water - drys up ur hair
pomade chlorine water - curls my hair back harder then anything, AND still stays dry

Edited by chrisdog212 - June 28 2007 at 12:17pm

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2333/picture063jq1.jpg" />
S.L.A.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.L.A.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:17pm
^ did you have a cap or durag to hold it in place? cause it worked fa me
[QUOTE=25cent]thats a old time waver named stormy seas he got waves trust me [/QUOTE]
founder of the 180 meths

S.C. King View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.C. King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:17pm
man i dont wear my du-rag out da house!!! dat ish iz stupid!!!  i jsut swim and have fun and brush my hair when i get out da pool till dry!!! go home wash with shampo and conditioner!!! dats all!!! lol
twingotti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twingotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:18pm
Well your hair texture is different from mine. I shouldn't have that problem with the pomade and water curling my hair. Especially if its tied down while swimming.
chrisdog212 View Drop Down
HB ALLSTAR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisdog212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:20pm
if u tye it down then it wouldnt happen
but if ur tying it down
why would u add the pomade to ur hair?
and for the other people that are going to say
cause its going to cause the water and chlorine to roll off ur hair, its not unless u really massage the pomade into ur hair
not just the top

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2333/picture063jq1.jpg" />
twingotti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twingotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by S.C. King S.C. King wrote:

man i dont wear my du-rag out da house!!! dat ish iz stupid!!!  i jsut swim and have fun and brush my hair when i get out da pool till dry!!! go home wash with shampo and conditioner!!! dats all!!! lol
I don't like doing that either cause it looks ghetto as hell. I usually will wear a fitted on top if i'm wearing my durag outside.
S.L.A.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.L.A.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by chrisdog212 chrisdog212 wrote:

and for the other people that are going to say
cause its going to cause the water and chlorine to roll off ur hair, its not unless u really massage the pomade into ur hair
not just the top

well, i guesss hes gonna have to "really massage it into his hair"

founder of the 180 meths

U SerIous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U SerIous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 1:53pm

Co-sign
A re U Serious?
LDIZL View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDIZL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 2:01pm

no sh*t lol
yall n****s gotta look silly swimmin with a durag on
do yo thang have fun when you get out the water shampoo/condition and brush... if you wanna stay fresh then dun get in the water... just tell the women you got a ocean right here you can swim for days "YOUR WAVES"
purple urkel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple urkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 2:34pm
i think the effects swimming has are temporary. i just wash and brush and durag it afterwards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic