Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I made a BIG mistake!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 12:48pm
you are definitely on top of your game..especially with the heat protectants, conditioners and leave-in's...

wow! i'm learning a lot just reading your last passage..in your fotki, it looks as if you have enough hair to pull off the blow dry style..i know a lot of ladies on the forum do not advocate heat (flat ironing) or blowdry styles, but if it works - hey go for it...i can see you know what works for you..

Also, ORS hair mayonaise is a great deep conditioner if you wish to "switch up"..every once in a blue moon...

The Cathy Howse recipe is great!  i'd rather do a homemade recipe, versus buying the product, i think it might be cheaper.

i'm not very good with protective styles either..it sounds as if you are on the right road to recovery...keep posting you progress in the fotki!Thumbs%20Up

some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 7:48pm
Thxs SO MUCH for your words of encouragement!!!

Femmemuscle...I really makes me feel better to know i'm not the only one that has gone through this...and you survived!!!

Blackhoney...Right now I'm kinda in regime limbo...I was using all Bumble and Bumble products, but now I am not convinced the expensive salon stuff is any better...to be honest, I'm not sure what to buy next.  Not to mention, I am fully aware that all it takes is one trip to Sally's for my inner PJ to jump out!

I have been using Nexxus Emergencee 1x per week for the last month to try to stop my shedding.  I'm also trying to use a leave in followed by WGO every night to moisturize my ends.  I'm thinking about getting Cream of Nature poo and con and making my own con from the cathy howse recipe.

I use both a satin pillowcase and satin scarf (kind of a wild sleeperEmbarrassed) every night, and what else...Oh, I blowdry and flt iron 1x per week...I'm addicted to my blowdryer and flt iron, so i'm trying to dry only on cold setting then use my iron with beyond the zone heat protectant.  And I SUCK at protective styles!  Last week I wrote emails to both Redken and Avlon to ask for samples to try to decide what to use next.  Thats about it...Any suggestions?
Hair type: 4a Relaxed
Current Length: Chin
Hair Goal: Mid Back
http://public.fotki.com/tiajanice/   Password : haircrazy
femmemuscle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2007 at 11:58pm
hey tia...sorry to hear about this situation..there have been quite a few african american women with 4b/c hair that have done the same thing you've done..you're not alone..i'm sorry she "swore to you" that this would not happen..

Well, kind of think of it as a universal problem...1 1/2 to 2 years ago, i had to start from scratch...a beautician in Las Vegas swore that weaves would grow my hair?

well, she permed my hair, braided it, then put a net over this, then sewed in my weaves..this process slowly killed my hair off in about the 3 years that i was going to her..on my last visit, she had taken down the weave..my scalp had  bald  patches at the top, nothing on the sides, and maybe an inch or two in the back...it was terrible..

she said i had a "weave head"...i asked what that meant, she told me: "You'll be wearing a weave or a wig til the day you die,honey.."

That's when i found another beautician...it took 1 1/2 to 2 years...researching, reading, and asking questions..

my hair is shoulder length, now...believe me..be it Japanese straightener, perm, relaxers, bad beaticians, or stylists, we have all had to take the big chop and start over at some point and time...but you'll come out a lot stronger, more knowledgeable, and able to share your story with others..

Tia! thanks for getting on the forum,  and sharing you pics..keep them  posted...because in a years' time, we'll be here to remind you how you far you've come.Embarrassed

some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2007 at 10:06pm
Hey tiajanice, I am sorry to hear that you are having a hair setback they can be very discouraging but the thing that helps me get through them is knowing that no matter what the hair is growing every month. Are you currently using a protein treatment? What is your current hair regime?
Hair album
pw:Romeo
tiajanice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiajanice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2007 at 12:35pm
Hello ladies,

I'd like to re-introduce myself and tell you my sad story... maybe you can help me figure out what to do next...

I have relaxed 4a/b? hair and I joined this board in Dec 05, determined to have longer hair.  I tried different methods and didn't really feel like I was seeing a difference.  Then came the fateful day 1 year ago when I decided to go to an acquaintence of mine who did/does japanese straightening.  She swore to me my hair would be healthier and longer.  Now my hair is in the worst condition I have ever seen it!Cry

I am now changing to a different stylist and am basically starting over from scratch.  I have so much breakage and shedding that my hair is actually shorter than last year, and to make things worse, next week when I go for my first touchup with my new stylist, she will probably have to give me a B.C. to get rid of all the damage.

I followed everything my friend told me to do, buying  all the expensive salon products she suggested, and made no progress.  I have to start all over again.

If there is anyone else out there that may have had a similar setback, I would really appreciate some words of encouragement.

Look at my fokti for the ugly truth...

I'm back for good, ladies!Embarrassed

Hair type: 4a Relaxed
Current Length: Chin
Hair Goal: Mid Back
http://public.fotki.com/tiajanice/   Password : haircrazy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic