Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How much biotin do you take?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 9:09pm
I take 2000mcg of biotin and 800mcg of folic acid every day.  A friend said that's what her doctor recommended to her when she was having a problem with thinning.  I've been taking it for about 8 months now I think, and my hair is growing faster than it ever has before.  That's the only thing I can attribute it to.  I don't remember how long it was before I noticed results, probably 2 or 3 months.  (I've heard it can take up to 6 months to see results from any vitamin.)
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 10:47am
I was alking Biotin for a while - about six months.  I can't remember why I stopped taking it - I think you have to take it for longer then a month to see or feel results.  I did notice a difference after about a month and a half

I recommended it to someone I worked with and she loved the results she saw
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 7:15am
Hi Alisa! 

I took biotin and silica in 2003 (in the "hair" vitamins from walmart), only for a month to see if it helped, and it didn't do anything for me - didn't cause my growth for that month to be any faster, which was what I wanted.  I haven't taken it since.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 11:24am
Hello everybody!Tongue

I hope everyone is having an awesome hair day! Clap
 I have decided to start taking biotin, and am playing around with how much.
Soooooo..... How much do you take, and what have been the results? I have to be careful with it, or it will make me brake out, so I am also taking zinc to help with that aspect.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic