Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How much biotin do you take?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 8:56am

I did start breaking out until I heard ( I believe from Dave) that zinc will help combat the acne.So, being me, I did some research on the zinc -acne relationship. It turns out that zinc has very similar effects to tetracycline antibiotics, just without the side effects.I have taken a tetracycline antibiotic for acne and had great results, so I decided to give it a go. You might want to consider it. Watch out though, it makes me nauseous. The antibiotic did also, until figured out to take it with milk. No more nauseousness.Yyyaahh!  Well.... then my husband came down with a sinus infection, and was given the same antibiotic. The pharmacist ( different pharmacy than where I got mine) told him not to eat or drink dairy for two hours before or after taking the med! It would make the med less absorbent  what! Are you kidding me!!! I had been taking it the whole time with milk.Well, it work pretty well, so it must not have decreased the absorbency level by to much.

Well when I started taking the zinc, and it made me nauseous, I remembered how well the dairy worked with the antibiotic, so I started to drink milk when I took the zinc.You know , same effect as tetracycline, should work the same, right?  Worked wonderfully, again.Then I had a brainstorm idea. Zinc has the same effect as a tetracycline antibiotic, dairy makes the med less absorbant...huh? So again, being me, I did some research, and loll and behold, you are not supposed to eat or drink dairy for two hours before or after taking zinc bashI have taken almost the whole bottle!

I guess its a good thing I found out, eventually...
Sorry for the long story, lessen learned.

As for the folic acid, there is a link in one of the previous posts up above the talks about folic acid.It helps on a cellular Levell with DNA and RNA, and helps to utalize the proteins you are already consuming, as well as make new ones.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 12:41pm
that was a dumb question I asked earlier. Embarrassed. I had skimmed through the whole bullentin because I was taking care of my cousins. You cant leave them alone for a long period of time. Well, I just bought biotin and zinc. Im excited.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 12:46pm
I am glad you did. I hope you have great results. I sure am!cheerKeep us posted on how things go for you.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 10:42pm

so i bought hair formula 37 and now im trying it out, its been three days and i think my hair got a bit longer?? im not really sure actually but it feels kinda thicker im almost at my tailbonee! i cant wait for my hair to grow more, ill keep everyone updatedd...

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2007 at 8:00pm
Wow, tail bone, huh?! thats great Clap do you have any pics?  Three days, and you think you are seeing results already?! I took HF37 for several months, and it took me about 6 weeks before I noticed any definite results.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 10:05pm

i think i might post pics later on when i see more growth for sure, but i wanted to ask does hair formula 37 make you gain any weight at all?? because it contains amino acids i hope there are no side effects can u please let me know, did you see any weight changes while taking it at all? it seems taking all these pills must have some sort of side effect! lol thanks!

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 10:17pm
There were some side effects that I noticed, but they were all good ones in my book. My energy went through the roof, and my mood also tremendously improved. I have an axiety disorder and a fatigue problem, so this was a huge plus for me.
I have been thinking of getting back on it because it helped me so much in these departments. With winter coming, It wouldn't be a bad idea.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 3:36pm

yea, I had a lot of energy , when I was taking HF37. I dont know either if there is any side effects. I should've researched that when I was taking it . I've been taking biotin and zinc and my hair grew almost one inch this month . Clap. its a little bit passed 26 1/2 . It was stuck at 25 1/2 for the longest. I have to admit the zinc makes me feel a little sick Dead sometimes.

lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 3:02pm
Alisa does zinc still make you feel sick ? I don't know what to do it still makes me feel sick even when I eat it with food . Ive tried almost everything I can think of.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 8:21am
How much are you taking? Try cutting into smaller doses, and taking it at different times through the day.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 12:38pm
I take 50mg is that alot ? I dont know anything about this. Embarrassed. The biotin is 500mcg .
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 2:51pm
no, that is not alot. Can you cut it into smaller doses?Mabye take part in the morning, and the rest at night? You can go up quite a bit on your biotin, to. One vitamin I used to take had 3000 in it.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2007 at 9:03pm

Thank you, Alisa :) Thats smart , I'm going to cut down the doses. I dont know why I thought it was alot. i dont want to stop taking it because it helping with my hair growth .

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2007 at 5:26pm
Hopefully it will work to cut up the amount. I am glad it is working for you. I need to start taking them both again. I have quit only because I have had a really bad sinus infection for going on 6 wks, and have not had the energy to remember to take more than my multi. Though, common sence would tell me to take them to help my immune system . Unhappy
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2007 at 4:04pm
ugh count me in for feelingDead b/c of zinc, but i think i found a cure! take it with chocolate! i was watching my daughter eat some ( well she was watching me eat most of hersLOL) i noticed i had no yucky feelings like normal hmmm maybe i am on to something long live M&Ms!
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2007 at 11:52pm
Thank you, Eve. I will try that the next time . My hair grew an inch this month . yay ! I'm so happy . I am going to try not to cut my hair anymore. I want to let it grow 5 more inches. I only sometimes feel sick when I take zinc. It doesnt happen that often .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2007 at 8:27am
my hair too is growing over a inch a month since starting  my little regimen of stuff
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2007 at 2:41pm
I only take biotin and zinc. I was taking b12 with it but it was making my stomach real upset. what is your hair goal?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 8:38pm
i want to get to bsl asap so far so good
kurfuu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurfuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2008 at 12:30am
Hi everyone.....I've been taking biotin, multivitamin, & codliver oil for about a 3wks. No severe  breakout  or nausea feeling, i'm wondering if zinc(7.5mg) in centrum is good enough....and I also note that drinking alot of water really helps with smoothness of your skin.

Am wondering if there is a difference with chemically treated /natural hair, when taking biotin....I have chemically processed hair and on occasion, and get a proper treatment with Mizani hair products. Does topical products slows the growth of the hair when taking biotin? I've been noticing breakage of my hair even though I am taking the biotin throughout 3-4wksConfused

Edited by kurfuu - November 20 2008 at 12:33am
KURFUU
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic