Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How much biotin do you take?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 6:40pm
I take 10,000 mcg of biotin a day.  I find that the biotin in Walmart or the cheaper brands do not work as well, plus they made me break-out, feel sick, horrible stomach pains - the works.  We have a health food store where I live called Black Forest Acres and they make the best vitamins.  My hair has been growing like a weed with much less fall-out.  I maybe loose 30 -50 hairs a day now.  I also do not have any side effects with their vitamins.  I buy all of my vitamins from them.

Snowie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2012 at 5:55pm
Don't be afraid to try it, if you end up having a break-out reaction to it, you can always stop and it will go away. I had a few extra pimples about half a month in, but I added a little zinc to the equation and now no more issue :)
Dayna :)
MissMtoP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMtoP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 6:55pm
Hello all! I am newbie to the talk. I came across this forum after googling information on taking biotin for hair growth! I have always had fairly long hair and made the mistake of agreeing to perm it. Destroyed my beautiful locks. It was terribly damaged. I made the bold decision after a few months to crop it short to a bob, in hopes of saving my hair at all! I kept growing it out and cutting it as much as I could to get all of the damaged hair. Now, a year and a half later I believe I have it all out, left with a little longer than chin-length bob. My hair used to grow decently fast but since "the incident" it hasn't been growing, almost at all. I would really love to get my long luscious locks back! I was recommended from a co-worker to take biotin along with a multi (which I was already taking) and I will be able to tell the difference, does wonders!

Well, my question is- how much biotin should I take, having never taken any before? I am going to pick up some Zinc as well per your recommendations previously in this forum. I also wanted to know if there was anything else that any of you do as a supplement to taking the biotin? I already do scalp massages often, tend to my ends and rarely apply heat to it. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks! It has been fun reading your posts!
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2016 at 5:27pm
Hi Alisa, I right now is taking 5,000 mg per day.
Shannon D. Bax
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic